GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Holden has released specifications of the Volt when it is sold in Australia as an MY13 model later this year. I am happy that Holden has decided to include the 30GB Hard Drive as I understand that is a feature no longer available in the USA. I can understand why they have included it as Australia does not have Onstar as yet so the Mylink function would be useless. Information about the Australian specs can be found on the Holden media website on the following link.

http://media.gm.com/media/au/en/hol...iumTechnologyandAdvancedSafetyAsStandard.html

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
OnStar and MyLink are unrelated options. MyLink allows smartphone streaming and voice commands for audio tuning, all which should work with or without the availability of OnStar.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Do you know if this is a Solid State Drive or old fashioned Crappy standard mechanical type Drive ?
Lest hope they use an SSD as it handles vibration better and uses less power!

Please advise if you know!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Leads one to wonder if a 30GB disk could be added to U.S. Volts. It's strange that the Holden Volt has a lot less options than U.S. volts. For example, it looks like the Holden Volt has only a single interior color.

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
Do you know if this is a Solid State Drive or old fashioned Crappy standard mechanical type Drive ? Lest hope they use an SSD as it handles vibration better and uses less power! Please advise if you know!
Don't know about the Australian one but various reasons for the non SSD drive and from some folks in the HD business as well.
A-hard-drive-really-!
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?11394-A-hard-drive-really-!
Various discussions about this. Price of SSD, for example, a few year back were $$$

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
As for the functionality of the 30GB HD, I don't really care about being able to store 1000's of songs or whatever. But what really disappointed me was losing the ability to pause/rewind the radio. You wouldn't need more than maybe 20-40MB's for this functionality, and the hardware couldn't cost much more than $10-$20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts