GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've embarked on a sojourn from Melbourne to Brisbane via an inland route meandering at whim and swinging from power outlet to plug everywhere I can find them. Plugsharing is in its infancy here, we've got a backward thinking government and the populace follows like sheep.
People assume a charge costs $50-100, bc that is what they pay at the pump.

I'm new to Vlogging, so please forgive my manner and poor quality videos. I think I'm improving as I post them up, so don't be too harsh on me.

Any link issues; please alert me;

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLguZmuDtD0AjSA9Xxuve-5ZjaBtkVbYsw

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No interest?

I've travelled 500km so far, posted ~ 90 videos, charged 20 times, and used 100 litres of petrol over 4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sounds interesting. I might like to watch a video or two of a guy having a cross-country adventure Down Under in a Holden Volt. But 90 videos??? I'm not sure I could binge watch that many.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JuneBug, there are now 120 odd, but I don't expect anyone to watch them all.
Many are just a few seconds, as I haven't a video edit solution.
I've tried to title and group them to allow considered choice, so one or three clips might satisfy a casual glance.

Any diehard Aussie or Volt fan might watch them all, but then I'd expect strange feedback.

MartiK777, I'll have to review and check, but my memory says it was very cold, and that was a short term read. I also gamed some charging while driving tactics in there, after deciding that running the ICE while sitting still was taking too much time without much reward.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update for Marti:
Presently unable to review Day 5, Leg 2, as it looks like YouTube has removed it bc it thinks it is a duplicate!
Will try to fix.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, I see where you got the 500 kilometres from. I think it was a typo, probably meant to say 5000 km.

Anyway, now I've 150 video clips, travelled at least 12000 km, and used about 200 litres of fuel, and dented 2 sills, and have an electronic coolant leak which I have been forced to top up with tap water.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any ideas on how to drain the electronic coolant radiator?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stalled in Mount Isa Queensland.
Not certain of my intentions, struggling to get enough work to pay my way. It is a mining town.
Potential plans include a trip South through Birdsville to Adelaide, but I need to check very carefully the road conditions.
Alternatively, Alice springs and South.
I'm open to moving for work.
Has it been 9 months already?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting videos! Good luck on your job search.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts