GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hybridcars.com/august-2016-dashboard/

The HybridCars.com monthly sales Dashboard is a collaboration of HybridCars.com and Baum & Associates, a Michigan-based market research firm focusing on automotive issues including the hybrid and electric vehicle market.

Excerpt:

August 2016 Plug-in Hybrid Car Sales Numbers

Plug-in Hybrids sold in the U.S. (August 2016): 6,372
Plug-in Hybrid Take-Rate: 0.42%

Chevrolet Volt 2,081
Ford Fusion Energi 1,422
BMW X5 876
Ford C-Max Energi 707
Audi A3 Plug In 346
Hyundai Sonata Plug In* 250
Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid 197
BMW i8 145
BMW 3-Series Plug in 51
Mercedes S550 Plug In 30

BMW i3** 1,013

* estimated
** breakdown between bev and PHEV is not available

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I have neven seen or heard any news about a "Chevrolet Impala Hybrid"! Is that correct??

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey!! I'm one of those Volt sales!! After having this car for two weeks I'm SOOOO surprised that sales are still only around ~2,000/month. This is a fantastic car with probably the best headlights in it's class (does anyone else have LED headlights on the base trim that isn't a BMW/MB?), looks great, and drives really really well!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I may be wrong here but I don't believe Chevy made the Impala model in a mild hybrid mode. The only one I can recall is the
Malibu hybrid which was a mild hybrid, not at all like the 2016 Malibu Hybrid.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hey!! I'm one of those Volt sales!! After having this car for two weeks I'm SOOOO surprised that sales are still only around ~2,000/month. This is a fantastic car with probably the best headlights in it's class (does anyone else have LED headlights on the base trim that isn't a BMW/MB?), looks great, and drives really really well!
I don't think many people buy cars for their headlights they generally less bright than the less efficient HIDs, however your point of an extreme value is accurate...I don't believe power seats or a sunroof would greatly increase sales, I think they could nearly double sales if they either go the MPG to 50 or do nothing else but replace the Chevy Bowtie with a Caddy emblem...The other issue is the price, people still think of this as (at least) a $34K car, not realizing you can basically get it for $20K...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts