GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's one on the Audi E-Tron. It also has some compelling technology. Looking at these vehicles still with a frunk/engine bay area, I have to wonder how much more room than the Bolt EV they actually have. The Kona EV is similar in length to the Bolt EV, but has about 1' to 1.5' less cargo and rear passenger room. These cars are about 3' longer than the Bolt EV, but they have some massive front ends.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the controls in the rear for heating and cooling are something that is sorely missing from the 3. the silliness that the rear seat occupants cannot even adjust the seat heating is just so odd.

I think the side mirror displays are far too low and too small. the closer a mirror to you is the more forward it has to be, that close and your eyes really have to leave the road a lot to see them. BTW, for moving at such slow speeds did anyone else pick up on the road noise? probably those 21 inch wheels.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, for moving at such slow speeds did anyone else pick up on the road noise? probably those 21 inch wheels.
That could be the pedestrian alert. Is it required by law yet in the United States? I don't recall hearing it on the Model 3.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Pedestrian Alert: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle_warning_sounds#United_States

"In the US, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued its final ruling in February 2018. It requires hybrids and electric vehicles traveling at less than 18.6 mph (30 km/h) to emit warning sounds that pedestrians must be able to hear over background noises. The regulation requires full compliance in September 2020, but 50% of "quite" vehicles must have the warning sounds by September 2019"

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It was not the pedestrian alert noise if any, this was audible inside the cabin while they were moving at a decent pace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts