GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, this is a great ad campaign for Australia's GM Holden Division called "Introducing The Holden Volt - How It Works"

Love the accent!

Clean, Precise and RIGHT TO THE POINT! Beautiful in its simplicity and puts The Amazing Chevy Volt in the spotlight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgd69GQh2Cc

·
Administrator
20,855 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
One of the best videos on the Volt I have seen. GM should copy it, put the Chevy logo on the front, change the graphics and the voice over and run it through out the U.S. as many times per day as they can. Maybe something will sink in. And run it on Fox, where the majority of Americans get their TV news today.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Really scary that majority citizens get their news from Fox (Fix) news...hmmm I suppose folks can't differentiate between news and propaganda? Oh well how dumb can we be!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Really scary that majority citizens get their news from Fox (Fix) news...hmmm I suppose folks can't differentiate between news and propaganda? Oh well how dumb can we be!
Actually, a majority of Americans still get their news from the evening news broadcasts on the big three. The big three combined is many times larger than the cable shows at primetime. Faux news has been on a steady decline for several years. MSNBC and CNN now combine for a larger audience.

Back to the topic on hand. I really liked the video for the Holden Volt. I thought it was much better than the one for the Chevrolet Volt. There needs to be 30sec spots made from these videos. I keep seeing commercials for the Cruze, but nothing for the Volt.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Posted in other thread....

There is a U.S. version that's been out for a while now. Actually, it's the same script.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JM8lz5cDSA
The Aussie version is a far better presentation. Much greater use of text imagery to visually repeat the important points made by the narrator which effectively doubles the message value. I like the images better as well, the USA version is a sketch with distracting noises while the Aussie version uses a more realistic looking Volt with a clean background, lots of movement and action with nice visual transitions. It looks sharp and unpretentious, the Volt image dominates the screen as it should.

Use the Aussie visuals with an American voice, hell, use the Aussie girl, her voice sounded better.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Whats a "ca?"

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah. I wonder that sometimes myself. Dumbness (stupidity?) is on both sides of this issue. As demonstrated on these pages many, many times. I would hope we could move beyond these senseless name calling rants I see much too often on these pages. There is blame on every side of the issue.

None of this helps the Volt or the message we want to spread. It just makes people fell "sick to the stomach" when they come here for information and they get the hate for one side against another. Let's just call it quits and get on about our true business.

·
Administrator
20,855 Posts
Posted in other thread....

There is a U.S. version that's been out for a while now. Actually, it's the same script.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JM8lz5cDSA
I like the Australian version better. The US sketch pad version looks more concept than real. Heck, I'm fine using the Australian voice-over. Gives it an exotic flavor and it's distinctive, attention getting.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I noticed that as well. I want my all-white Volt!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts