GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving into work one day, climbed a hill just fine and as soon as I started down the hill the gas engine shut off and no acceleration, the only thing that was on was the display and the ACC lights. I had it towed to the Chevy dealership. They were able to charge the battery and got it to run for about 45 sec, then turned off. they said that they hooked up the OBDC and got like 12 pages worth of codes (Might be the dealership exaggerating 12 pages). So i asked them to work on it. two weeks later they get back to me and said that it is either the AC compressor to cool off the battery or the battery its self. AC compressor = $1831.00, Battery = $4533.00. By the way the car has 145,000 miles, so be on the look out around that mileage. Anyway, the dealership said that they can't continue working on it because they don't have a special tool that they need, which cost around $1200, they called all the dealerships around the area and said they don't have it. My question is why buy a car from a Chevy dealership if a dealership is not able to fix it? I do not plan on getting a Chevy volt again if I continue to buy Chevy. I use to be a die hard Chevy guy until this. Just an FYI for you Volt owners, make sure your dealership has the right tools to fix the Volt before you take it to them, otherwise you will get stuck with the labor cost that is pointless if they can't fix it. I am stuck with no car at the moment to go to work, thanks Chevy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your in California I believe a 2013 Chevy volt is PZEV certified. Meaning the battery/hybrid system is warrantied for 10 year 150,000 miles whichever comes first. (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle)

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
He's in North Carolina, but it sounds to me like he is dealing with one of the "EV resistant" dealerships. Personally, I would only ever deal with an EV friendly dealership. In this case, the OP should probably reach out to a Volt counselor.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
^^^What he said^^^^
FYI not all Chevy dealers are Volt dealers.
The dealer should have informed you they were not before wasting any of your time or money
Your Volt Advisor will hook you up with a tow to the closest Volt Authorized service center
When they tell you specifically which DTCs are set "hard" we can try to help explain the situation here
Good Luck
WopOnTour

1 - 5 of 5 Posts