GM Volt Forum banner

Attack of the windshield (or windscreen for Ampera owners) wipers!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SFLVoltOwner 
#1 ·
My crazy corgi went nuts when I turned on the wipers when I brought her on a roadtrip recently. She started barking and lunging at them, she even jumped on my lap to put herself between me and the 'attacker' and protect me from the evil wipers!

I found this odd as she never did this in my Mercedes...

After thinking about it I remembered that the Mercedes had a 'uniwiper' where the Volt has two wipers - made that way no doubt just to scare dogs! hehehe

#2 ·
Maybe it is the wiper blade making a new and irritating noise against the windshield. I recommend using a special windshield sealant/lubricant to reduce friction and eliminate noise. I have two GM vehicles, I clean the wiper blades with detergent (or car wash) and I apply Rain-X on the glass and on the blades.

BTW, when I was twelve my grandfather gave us a Welsh Corgi puppy. It was a beautiful copper and white with black tips on its ears, and a white tipped tail. He never knew what dog breed it was, and I thought it was a fox. Later after it was killed six years later I discovered its breed. Now it is famous because Queen Elizabeth II has a pair.

#3 ·
I have tried Rain-X does not make a difference though...

Corgis are wonderful dogs, great around kids... If you had a good expirence then, I recommend adopting one as an adult.

The Queen has had several corgis and has helped boost their popularity.

Best Wishes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.