GM Volt Forum banner

Aspheric Mirrors for the Bolt EV?

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  gern_blanston 
#1 ·
One mod I did on my gen1 Volt was I put on the European spec aspheric sideview mirrors on my car. I really really like them and I'm hoping that there is a part number out there for the same style mirror for the Bolt. Seeing as the Bolt is also being sold in Germany as an AmpteraE like the Volt was I'm sure the part exists to make these car Germany compliant.

Anyone seen a parts fiche for the Bolt so that we might be able to get the part number??

#4 ·
No. You would think that would be the same thing as far as getting the same benefit as the aspheric mirrors but they are not even close. Those little stick on mirrors just take up mirror space and look ugly.

The AmperaE will have the aspheric mirrors, it is required by German law. Just like the "Objects in mirror appear closer" warnings are required on our passenger side mirrors.

AP yes the video rearview will cover the same field of view, I'm sure you're right, but after all my years of driving my mind is ingrained to look to my side mirrors for that info. I'm a creature of habit and reflex! LOL

#3 ·
The Bolt rear view mirror has a video screen display with a wider field than a normal mirror. I would test one out first before looking at a mod.

#7 ·
I'm not sure. Originally when I bought them for the Volt they were $45usd per side if I remember correctly, but I do remember that they became popular and they jacked the price up. If they are too expensive, naturally I won't get them. As many have pointed out the Bolt has many tech features that do blind spot monitoring really well.

I still prefer them over the standard North American mirrors though, so the search continues!:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.