GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The readers pick those, so Model S users are very satisfied with their purchase.

What surprises me even more is that Lincoln makes the continental again, and users are also very satisfied with it. I had no idea they brought that car back. In fact, I see so few Lincolns I am surprised that the brand is still around.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm 100% satisfied with my Bolt, 5 days in. And you don't need an insane or ludicrous mode to impress people, btw.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Gotta say I'm struggling why that is even remotely related to EVs, but let me guess. Battery cycling is a lossy process which actually increases CO2 production by coal plants. If the cycling is 20% lossy (10% in/out), it's like burning 20% more coal each day. This makes EV adoption and solar/wind arrays even more critical?

Sort of like Bitcoin. Few people understand that it's basic value is the amount of electricity it costs to create one, and it's pure waste.

Battery storage is only an environmental improvement IF you have too much renewable energy during peak hours. Up to that point it is a an environmentally negative factor.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Gotta say I'm struggling why that is even remotely related to EVs, but let me guess. Battery cycling is a lossy process which actually increases CO2 production by coal plants. If the cycling is 20% lossy (10% in/out), it's like burning 20% more coal each day. This makes EV adoption and solar/wind arrays even more critical?

Sort of like Bitcoin. Few people understand that it's basic value is the amount of electricity it costs to create one, and it's pure waste.

Battery storage is only an environmental improvement IF you have too much renewable energy during peak hours. Up to that point it is a an environmentally negative factor.
Considering a giant windfarm charges the battery...

·
Registered
606 Posts

Conversion losses aren't critical if the power used to charge the batteries wasn't going to be used anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts