GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, stupid question but I've never really leased before. The 2017 Chevy Volt is my first :)

What exactly can I get away with doing to a leased vehicle that won't void any warranty?

So far, I have tinted the windows and it really makes a difference here in the Florida sunlight.

I also purchased DOD RX8W rear view mirror because I'm used to auto dimming and a bit larger mirror than the OEM that comes with the Volt. Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3XWz29GnM.

My leatherette seat covers for my front seats are arriving shortly and I will post photos as soon as I install them.

If there's anything else, I appreciate the advice. Thank You.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
You can also update some of the lighting. I've changed over the rear brake lights, rear cargo lights and rear licence plate lights to LED's.

I've also installed a volt screen (protects radiator) and volt mat (nice rear cargo mat with sound absorbing materials) (see link below).

Stephen also makes a bunch of other things you might be interested in.
http://voltshelf.weebly.com/

Let us know how the DOD lens is for you. It looks very interesting!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Generally speaking, anything that adds value; however, be careful. What adds value to you may not be for everyone. Modify at your own risk.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can also update some of the lighting. I've changed over the rear brake lights, rear cargo lights and rear licence plate lights to LED's.

I've also installed a volt screen (protects radiator) and volt mat (nice rear cargo mat with sound absorbing materials) (see link below).

Stephen also makes a bunch of other things you might be interested in.
http://voltshelf.weebly.com/

Let us know how the DOD lens is for you. It looks very interesting!
The VoltScreen, VoltMat, and VoltPhone are great additions.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello You could put the small mirrors on the side mirrors to eliminated blind spots. I took them off before handing the 2013 Volt car back in March and cleaned the mirror very well. Any improvements could also be viewed differently by the inspector. So this is a good question.
I looked at lease prices back in march for the 2017 but decided to buy. The Florida prices where not very good.
its a great car happy motoring

·
Registered
718 Posts
Given some leasing company will do anything they can to take money from you at the end of the lease, I would be carefull with anything you cant undo.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Let us know how that DOD RX8W rear view mirror works out for you! I have a hunch that the antenna thing that's on the windshield behind the mirror may obstruct a significant portion of the camera view, but maybe not. I had to install my dashcam a bit lower than I wanted to to see around that.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thank You all for the great suggestions so far! I'll look into the VoltScreen and Shelf!
Thanks for the shout-outs, Nero and 831! I'm glad you like yoru VoltStuff.

Firephoenix, I'm right here if you have any questions. A quick note- the new No Drill installation for the VoltShelf is perfect for a leased car. No evidence will be left behind when you turn it in. And if you leave it in the car when you turn it in, the inspector just may want to know where that option was on the order sheet...

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts