GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the 14,000 rebate was eliminated, I cant imagine there are many, if any Ontario buyers for new Volt and Bolt vehicles.

If you are one of them, I'd just like to know how you felt about not receiving that credit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After the 14,000 rebate was eliminated, I cant imagine there are many, if any Ontario buyers for new Volt and Bolt vehicles.

If you are one of them, I'd just like to know how you felt about not receiving that credit.
I bought a 2017 premier (used) in August after the rebate evaporated. I had been trying to get a 2018 since April, but most dealers with the massive influx of new buyers were unreasonable in their demands (IE: standard high demand behavior, asking MSRP+, zero negotiation, wanting a purchase agreement without guaranteeing stock/delivery timeline/incentive/etc.).

I had a deal in place (in theory), but the dealer didn't get stock by the time the hammer dropped (and the conversation shifted from "yes, we can get you that car" to "nope, no more in Ontario, sorry buddy").

I felt strongly enough that I picked up a used 2017 premier model (for more then a new 2018 premier would have cost 6 months prior [after rebate]), as the sudden $14k premium was just too much to swallow.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I agree that the used cars are now more than they would have been new with the rebate knocked off. I'm not buying ANYTHING until either there is another rebate or prices come down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a similar issue.. no more 18's, put a deposit on the 19 and dougie killed the rebate.. dealer told me they had to refund 25 people across there 14 dealerships. They vowed to not order any kind of EV in Ontario to protest against the government.. The good news for me was I asked about there shuttle (Volt) and the agreed to sell it to me at a very good price I thought.. 2017 Premium. $27K. They said they bought it with the full 14K rebate so they took that into consideration when they priced it for us. the 19' was $46K and change plus tax, minus rebate.. ya rebate comes off after tax not before! anyway would have come out to $40K and change out the door. Of course interest is higher on a used car vs a new one... I"m very happy with our purchase ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a similar issue.. no more 18's, put a deposit on the 19 and dougie killed the rebate.. dealer told me they had to refund 25 people across there 14 dealerships. They vowed to not order any kind of EV in Ontario to protest against the government.. The good news for me was I asked about there shuttle (Volt) and the agreed to sell it to me at a very good price I thought.. 2017 Premium. $27K. They said they bought it with the full 14K rebate so they took that into consideration when they priced it for us. the 19' was $46K and change plus tax, minus rebate.. ya rebate comes off after tax not before! anyway would have come out to $40K and change out the door. Of course interest is higher on a used car vs a new one... I"m very happy with our purchase ;)
You did really well there. I picked up my 2017 premier for ~$36k out the door, it was very low km's (~18k km's), and mint, but it sounds like you got a cool ~$5k off what I paid, well done!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
It would be interesting to see the stats after a year. Those in Ontario where pretty spoiled with the $14,000 rebate. Quebecers get $8,000 so you see a lot of used Volts for sale there as well. Less in BC, $5,000 rebate plus $6,000 for trade in (must be insured for previous 6 months). Other provinces have none.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
659 Posts
First time in 3 years that I’ve seen a Volt in stock at my local dealer......

·
Registered
179 Posts
It would be interesting to see the stats after a year. Those in Ontario where pretty spoiled with the $14,000 rebate. Quebecers get $8,000 so you see a lot of used Volts for sale there as well. Less in BC, $5,000 rebate plus $6,000 for trade in (must be insured for previous 6 months). Other provinces have none.
That's 6000 if you use "scrap-it". Each dealer is only allocated a few scrap-it certificates. I really had to scramble to get mine in April Buy a $100 junker and insure it for 6 mos before you purchase the new EV.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That's 6000 if you use "scrap-it". Each dealer is only allocated a few scrap-it certificates. I really had to scramble to get mine in April Buy a $100 junker and insure it for 6 mos before you purchase the new EV.
As I understand it, the scrap it certificates are dependant on past EV sales (bigger dealers getting more) and not available willy nilly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts