GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since all 3 heated seat levels use the same power, according to the climate power level, is it just a psychological trick that will make you feel warmer putting it on high? I only use low because it's not cold enough yet. Anyone notice the power level not changing?

MrEnergyCzar

· Registered
4,014 Posts
Sorry still in bare feet here! ;)

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts

· Registered
1,501 Posts
High definitely puts out more heat than low.

· Registered
498 Posts
Used mine for the first time last night. Level three was definitely thermonuclear; level two was good initially but a little to warm for the weather, and level one just sort of kept the chill at bay. Definitely one of the 83 things I love about my new Volt.

(PS: After six days, 171.8 miles, 0.1 gallons, 1,718 MPG -- including running the butt toaster last night, haha)

· Registered
1,882 Posts
Used mine for the first time last night. Level three was definitely thermonuclear; level two was good initially but a little to warm for the weather, and level one just sort of kept the chill at bay. Definitely one of the 83 things I love about my new Volt.
I agree with your description. If you have autoheated seats active they come on to the level needed based on temperature. They will automatically lower as the temperature increases, but usually not fast enough for us. So we are usually lowering them manually as our bum starts to "burn." ;)

· Registered
2,722 Posts
I wish they could have made the rear seats heated too. I know that's usually only a feature for luxury vehicles, but it can't hurt to ask!

· Registered
593 Posts
too much energy heating 4 seats, mind as well heat the cabin with the blower....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.