GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed every 2016 I've looked at is overpriced by about $5,000 to $10,000 according to KBB. The latest excuse has been this one is one of our 3 in the entire country. Are these prices just made up by Cadillac or are these the true values due to rarity? Those of you bought your 2016 used, did you overpay? I don't mind overpaying if these are the true values but obviously need some clarity.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've been watching the 2016's too. Looks like they are moving. Supply and demand....

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Dealerships and owners know they have a rare gem. Sadly, it's only after Cadillac dropped the ax that people are starting to realize what a wonderful car the ELR is. I'd be an ELR owner today if they didn't have that horrible overpriced $75K MSRP announced in Oct 2013. I was willing to pay $45-50k, but not $75. Hindsight being 20/20 I shoulheben patient as prices dropped dramatically for leftover 2014s in 2015. If I could turn back time.... I'd have a ton of Apple stock and 2 ELRs, one as my daily driver, and the other as a museum piece.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Kbb values on rare cars can be way off. They have less data to project values.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Are 2016's worth over KBB value?

No

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well it looks like I have my answer. I was looking at a 2016 with Luxury, Performance, ACC and Kona with 4,170 miles for $44,000. It sold in under 24 hours for asking price. I think the price was high but it hadn't been titled so it would have qualified for the $7,500 tax credit which would bring it $36,500 after the rebate. KBB had it at a little over $39,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts