GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
“It’s fully electric!” Mark Frohnmayer yells to the guy in the pickup truck idling next to us. It’s a sunny Friday afternoon on San Francisco’s Embarcadero, and Frohnmayer and I are the center of attention at this red light. Now there’s another guy in another pickup truck, on the other side of the first one, who also has questions about the vehicle we’re sitting in. “It’s electric,” Truck Guy #1 tells him, before turning back to look at us some more.

arcimoto.jpg

https://www.wired.com/story/arcimoto-fuv-three-wheeler-electric/

Sales start in the new year. In the first half of 2019, Arcimoto is aiming to sell about 185 vehicles.

While final pricing remains TBD, Frohnmayer wants to get the FUV's base price to about $11,500. With options (like doors, a transparent roof, and that bigger battery), most should sell for about $15,000.

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it qualify for any tax credits?
My guess is yes, scaled to the battery size. Volt qualifies for more than Prius based on that.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
As a three-wheeler it would only qualify for 3/4ths of the tax credit (just kidding.)

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thing looks fun for a small town or maybe trail use, just not sure I want to be on the road surrounded by trucks and SUV's in one.

EV scooters, EV bikes, EV trikes, EV cars, and soon EV trucks will be joining the spectrum.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That would look cool on the golf course, more so than those golf carts that look like Mercedes Benz's.

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems expensive when you can buy a Honda fit with doors for about the same price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts