GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I don't know where put correct place to post.

I tested how far maximum archive battery efficiency output from my 2017 Volt Premier while I was on errands today, Please forgive my grammars and is not my primary language.

Where I live at, It has lot of hilly and I used the cruise control using navigation with the Freeway off, and Short distance selected in the back-country roads. I runs at maximum 40 mph with all varies speed by speed limits E.g. 25, 30, and 35 etc. I received a few angry driver for being slow speed, I simply nodded, thumb up and letting road rage driver pass by. Now I have 28 miles left battery available on my speedometer battery gauge when I arrived my house.

Is this good one? Here the screenshot picture.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You can get almost the same results without creating hostility in drivers all around you. Don't do this again. There are already a zillion reports on Gen 2 capabilities.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get almost the same results without creating hostility in drivers all around you. Don't do this again. There are already a zillion reports on Gen 2 capabilities.
Howdy, I didn't do anything wrong with anyone.

Basically the driver has no patience and respect. I courtesy anyone to be pass by me. I don't need cause of the problem.

Where I drove the road is back country no traffic or busiest road. Why do you think that I should not do this again?

I just wanted to test my volt's battery life performance and satisfaction me.

@insight refugee - Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Few motorist drive exactly at the posted speed limit. Usually driving 3 mph over the posted limit will allow you to at least flow with traffic and usually police officers will not stop you for 3 mph over.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
there is little noticeable difference in range between driving 35 or 45 mph. Much larger range reductions occur over 60 mph. Relax, enjoy your volt!, Drive safely, share the road with others, The road is a shared resource, we should all drive to help each other get where we are going quickly as safely possible.

·
Registered
125 Posts
that looks pretty good. My best personal record for my commute route (36 miles interstate + 12 miles local streets) during summer is something close (48 miles for 10 kWh ~ 132MPGe), but only happens when there was traffic on the highway. I once got 145 MPGe for a 50 miles trip, but there was no interstate highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts