GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a Gen2 Volt (2017) and it doesn't detect my iphone 13 from time to time (about 10% of the time) to turn CarPlay on. I've tried using different Lightning cables but no luck. It still happens 1 in 10 times I turn the car on. Anyone else has the same issue and what's your solution?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've a Gen2 Volt (2017) and it doesn't detect my iphone 13 from time to time (about 10% of the time) to turn CarPlay on. I've tried using different Lightning cables but no luck. It still happens 1 in 10 times I turn the car on. Anyone else has the same issue and what's your solution?
Do you have multiple phones paired with CarPlay? I’ve had issues like this with more than one phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Are you using the original Apple cable? I find that most aftermarket cable have this issue.
Also, you can purchase a wireless Apple Carplay that works great in a Volt.
Combine that with a wireless charging pad and it makes Apple Carplay experience much better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you using the original Apple cable? I find that most aftermarket cable have this issue.
Also, you can purchase a wireless Apple Carplay that works great in a Volt.
Combine that with a wireless charging pad and it makes Apple Carplay experience much better.

I went ahead and bought the wireless CarPlay. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I went ahead and bought the wireless CarPlay. Thanks for the suggestion!
It's not perfect but it's pretty darn good. I have 2 of them. You can also get a thin charging pad that fits perfectly in the pocket next to the gear shifter. It will hold an iPhone 13 pro with case and charge when needed. 2-3 hours trip is no big deal but if you make a cross country trip, you will need a charge.

·
Registered
2017 Black on Black Volt LT
4 Posts
CarPlay is jenky I have turned my phone off and on to get it to work more than I would like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts