GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I really want to get the GM Volt DVD Service Manual. I have checked the Helm website and they only have the 2011 DVD Service Manual's available for sale. Has anyone heard anything about when the 2012 GM Volt DVD Service Manual will be available? I can buy the 2011 DVD manual for $400 but I feel its better to wait for the 2012 manual because it will have more up to date information. I just hope it comes out soon and will be the same price. Is anyone else waiting for the 2012 GM Volt DVD Service Manual?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I probably should be, because I intend to do some serious hacking. Add AC power inverter so it can be emergency power - already done, but my APM puts too much voltage into the 12 battery - 14.95v and this trips the inverter overvolt. I also intend to design and build a more versatile "charger" that can monitor my solar home battery voltage and act as a diversion load - only charge the car when there's extra.

Do you have a link for Helm website?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Only difference on the 2012's should be the push button keyless entry on all 5 doors, and the software version number (which I think the 2011's got updated to?). Plus a few minor cosmetic things.. All the important bits are still the same, so don't see why the 2011 book wouldn't be good enough. Half tempted to get it myself just to go diving through and see what all the innards look like.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well, I think I want the book. For example, the charger for the AGM 12v battery in mine puts out right at 15.0v, which trips the over-voltage shutdown on the inverter I put in the compartment with it (to backup my solar house in the dark month), and that can't be real good for the battery either - they like more like 14.5v tops or you lose all the electrolyte quick.

I'd bet I could do a better/more accurate job tweaking that than the dealer, who historically has zero clue about anything electrical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts