GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see posts about Ally and US Bank leases, but how about GM Financial leases? Has anyone finished a lease with them? I'm curious if they are at all willing to negotiate the residual buyout price on a lease. I know Ally never deals, but US Bank certainly does. Thanks in advance!

·
4,851 Posts
Doesn't Ally = GM Financial?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't actually think GM Financial owns the leases at all? I'm GM Financial (or at least that's what my dealer told me and that's the web site I go to pay at and stuff) but my lease I think is underwritten by Wells Fargo... I think... I feel like I saw that mentioned on some paperwork somewhere but I would have to look again...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wells Fargo is officially the lessor, looking at the title of my recent Spark EV lease buyout's title. So perhaps they will be willing to deal, since they're a bank.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, so no one has completed a GMF lease yet, huh?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Shortest lease term on a Volt has been 36 months and I don't think GMF has been the leasing agency that long. That or folks have done pull aheads.
Buying out the lease on an electric vehicle would give me much pause.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm on a GM Financial lease for my 2015 Volt. Did a 39 Month lease, 39,000 miles. I'm 14 months into it. I am also wondering the same thing Bro1999. Not sure if they are willing to negotiate the buyout, but I definitely plan on getting into a Bolt when my lease end comes around.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May have to scour Camaro/Cruze etc....owner forums and see if anyone has completed a GMF lease, since most other Chevy vehicles have 24 month lease options.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I sold mine so ended it early but I didn't even consider negotiating since I only had it for four months...I haven't heard of a residual negotiation until the near the end of the lease term for any lender but who knows...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts