GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Yesterday I got a email from a member wondering what happened to me. He is free to name himself if he wants. He wanted to see how things were, and let me know I still pop up from time to time.

I cant help but be touched.... Seriously.

When I was active, I was at a job that made me want to end my life. Seriously, I daydreamed about it. This place was a great outlet to have fun in the day.

NOW! I have a new job. Where I used to have to drive a hour or better each way, dealing with electronical impaired drivers and homeless people..... I roll over and go to my home office.

Where I was in a cubicle all day, I now travel the country. Last week I was in Nashville, tomorrow I leave for LA. I've flown more than 30,000 miles last year for work, going to -
LA, Palm Springs, San Diego, San Jose, Las Vegas, Dallas, Nashville, Austin, Orlando, Hartford and a few I know Im forgetting.

In fact, the Dallas police shooting took place a few blocks from my hotel. Heres a picture of me, from CBS news under the "N"

I was in Orlando for the nightclub shooting, No pics though because it was a gay bar, and I'm not.

So, basically, I have nothing to be angry about. Life is great. I solved some problems last year, got a job I love and Trump won.

2016 was GREAT!
dallas shooting.jpg

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Welcome back! Lots of people were saying 'queue Elemental' when they had questionable posts. And ya never took the hint.

I can't say that shootings and Trump made 2016 great, but, it weren't that bad either.

I used to fly a lot about 20 years ago. Not so much any more. It gets tiresome to deal with homeland security.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back! Lots of people were saying 'queue Elemental' when they had questionable posts. And ya never took the hint.

I can't say that shootings and Trump made 2016 great, but, it weren't that bad either.

I used to fly a lot about 20 years ago. Not so much any more. It gets tiresome to deal with homeland security.
No, the shooting were not great at all. I mostly meant it as I was in odd places for moments in history. :)

Trump however........ You all knew I was pro trump the day he ran! So, yeah, Im happy there.

I haven't been on in a while, even to lurk. This new job keeps me busy. I'm good at it, it pays well and I'm respected for my experiance and training....

I don't mind flying, but I've become a snob at it. Like, chicks that are covered in jewelry wearing knee high boots..... Come on, you knew there was security....Right? :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Glad to hear you have returned. Your wit and wisdom were missed. I am a relatively newcomer to the Volt forum but always enjoyed your interesting comments.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Good to hear you are among the living. We were all wondering. Are the putting the cuffs on you in the picture?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome back! I know what you're talking about with becoming a flying snob, I logged just under 90,000 miles last year -- for fun! However, I did have to suffer the indignity of flying coach for about 8,000 of those miles :) -- first class is just sooooooo much better.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Glad you're back and you've exorcised your personal demons!

You know how many times I went "if Elemental were here...." while you were gone?? Even had to try to fill your shoes a few times, but it's just not the same.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Glad all is well and I certainly missed the wit and humor in you posts. Glad to see you back!

·
Registered
477 Posts
We should have ONCE A YEAR, meeting of FORUM members of the Volts addicts!!! Could be fun meeting Steverino or WOT in person , will be like the "OSCAR of Volt lovers".

·
Administrator
19,974 Posts
That female cop is pick pocketing your wallet...

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It's good to hear from you again. I do hope you had consent from the owner of those donuts, though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Glad you posted, as I thought somebody at GM-Volt had dropped the ban-hammer on you! I was wondering what fun I had missed - maybe a really outrageous Elemental post, so bad it made even your finest past efforts seem like the postings of Pastor Bob. What a great year: 1. The Clintons neutered, at last; 2. GM-Volt never banned Elemental (way to go, friends!); 3. Elemental is b-a-c-k!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey Elemental, welcome back!

In fact, the Dallas police shooting took place a few blocks from my hotel. Heres a picture of me, from CBS news under the "N"
Okay, at first I was looking under the "N" in "ONE" instead of the "N" in "MAIN". That makes more sense.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
That female cop is pick pocketing your wallet...
No, she was reaching for something else...on the other side

BTW, I'm to blame for Elemental's resurgence. Don't ask why I have Elemental's email (no, I'm also not gay).

·
Registered
798 Posts
So, with Elemental back, is this why i get Toyota popup commercials on GM Volt Forum? :p:cool:
I haven't seen the word PRIUS yet, but I live in fear each time i open the forum these days .

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
So, with Elemental back, is this why i get Toyota popup commercials on GM Volt Forum? :p:cool:
I haven't seen the word PRIUS yet, but I live in fear each time i open the forum these days .
It's you're fault. You typed the P word, and now the P- ads are all over this thread.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts