GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, my dealer does not want to honor the Voltec warranty. In fact, I don't think they're knowledgeable about hybrid/electric Volts and Bolts. Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a dealer in the Miami area? I am willing to drove around issue I can be sure that my car is in good hands. I'm tired of looking up TSBs and doing all the research for something that my dealer should know about.

For context, I'm having issues with the "Shift to Park" message (I have the TSB in hand that clearly states that it should be covered under the Voltec warranty), and also a "Reduced Propulsion Power" message with the check engine light on. There's also an unrelated issue with the drivetrain warranty that they don't want to honor... Without going into too much details, I don't have a good experience with Bonmin Chevrolet West Kendall at all. You can read more in this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/volt/comments/jb0bqu
I would appreciate if someone could recommend a good Chevy dealer in the Miami area

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
689 Posts
I had the same shift to park message caused by the micro switch issue and took my Volt to Autonation, Pembroke Pines Last December. At first they would not honor the Voltec warranty until I got a GM volt advisor on the phone who told them it was covered. They re-read the tech notice and finally saw the fine print that it was covered. The tech notice has since been revised to make it clearer that it is covered for Volts ( not for other GM cars with same issue)

You should have no problem there as I was the first Volt there with this issue. Technically their Volt personnel are good.

Reactions: Anbo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts