GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 2017 volt for about a month now. I am 6'3" and something I have noticed is while it looks flat, the upper part of the seat has a small hump/piece that pushes you forward right below my shoulder blades. It feels like lack of foam and then foam for the upper 4 inches of the seat. It has started to hurt after a while. Has anyone dealt with this before?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have owned my 2017 volt for about a month now. I am 6'3" and something I have noticed is while it looks flat, the upper part of the seat has a small hump/piece that pushes you forward right below my shoulder blades. It feels like lack of foam and then foam for the upper 4 inches of the seat. It has started to hurt after a while. Has anyone dealt with this before?
I'm the same height as you and don't have any issues with the upper part of the seat. Some more lumbar support might be nice as well as some thigh bolsters but the seats overall are okay. I've certainly sat in much worse. I regularly take my volt on 7 hour drives with a quick bio brake at the half way point fwiw.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That’s where the seat back goes from springs to a harder support (want to say a metal shell that holds the foam). Look in the modification subforum here, I detailed how to install a lumbar kit. It gets rid of this problem.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That’s where the seat back goes from springs to a harder support (want to say a metal shell that holds the foam). Look in the modification subforum here, I detailed how to install a lumbar kit. It gets rid of this problem.
I tried to find it in the subforum, but I couldn't find your post. I looked at your post history and I failed to find there. Mind to share the link to your install post?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I can't find it either!!!

I made a full write-up of a Rostra lumbar kit on my factory gen 2 with leather. It got a few replies thanking me for the write up and pictures. It would have been around March or April this year.

No idea what happened to the thread... maybe I'll try to repost it from what I remember from memory. No idea why it would be deleted though... :(

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
It goes between the seat back springs and the foam, so it should work fine. Getting the cloth cover off might be slightly different, but everything else should be the same.

I emailed an admin on it. Hopefully it gets brought back, otherwise I’ll link all the pictures again and give a write up with what I can recall of the job. It wasn’t too hard, maybe 3-3.5 hrs taking my time and playing with my 2 yr old during part of the job.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It goes between the seat back springs and the foam, so it should work fine. Getting the cloth cover off might be slightly different, but everything else should be the same.

I emailed an admin on it. Hopefully it gets brought back, otherwise I’ll link all the pictures again and give a write up with what I can recall of the job. It wasn’t too hard, maybe 3-3.5 hrs taking my time and playing with my 2 yr old during part of the job.
Do you remember the title of your post, so that we could search for it a little bit easily?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
My TR7 is like that but the seats are only 38 years old. Don't notice anything like that on Volt though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts