GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my fellow volt users!!
This is Charles Shin from Korea, who’s owning Volt (gen2).
I am working around on if there is any available aspherical side rearview mirror that could fit it the original cover, not add-on type accessaries.

I found one Korean company that could bring that mirror at an affordable price!!
However, only problem is DEMAND!!
There are few volt drivers here like less than 200!! It is really rare car here.
I believe it’s easier to be in US as GM sold it more than 100,000 units.

What I want to say is let’s ask them to develop the one that we are desperate to have!!

I copied the link explaining how the mirror works.
(http://en.bullsone.com/blind-spot-detection/)

I’ve already email them upon my request developing an aspherical driver side rear-view mirror, and passengers as well if possible.

This is their contact mail address.
([email protected])

Please send your request and then they will get to know there are certain demands.

Lastly, my intention behind this request is that I love driving my Volt and totally satisfied with not only the performance, but also all functionalities.
However, the original horrible driver side flat rearview mirror got me through 2 or 3 potential car collisions on express ways.
(It is kind of tough to drive here as there are lots of crazy people who are under lots of pressures)

Hopefully we could be able to bring it on for our safe drive!!!

Cheers!!

Charles Shin from Korea, definitely southern part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems no one interested in that. For the record, I made up my mind to order a pair of mirrors and it will cost around $200 incl. installation. 😉

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Charles, I was going to suggest you get one from a country that drives on the left side of the road, like Australia or the UK. But they only sold the Generation 1 Holden Volt and Vauxhaul Ampera there, not the Gen 2. Where did you order your mirrors from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts