GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Volt. Every once in a while when I shift into reverse and look at the screen to look at the backup camera view the Navigation screen will pop up in its place. It hasn't affected anything adversely really but kind of annoying. Should I have it looked at?

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Could you have accidentally nudged the nav button while turning around to look behind you?

I know I've unintentionally tapped the seat heaters before. It's a strange feeling to be in 90 degree weather then wonder why your butt is so warm, only to realize you've got the seat heater set on high.

BTW, love your signature...guilty as charged.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you have accidentally nudged the nav button while turning around to look behind you?

I know I've unintentionally tapped the seat heaters before. It's a strange feeling to be in 90 degree weather then wonder why your butt is so warm, only to realize you've got the seat heater set on high.

BTW, love your signature...guilty as charged.
I really don't think so. Once I shift into reverse my hands are on the wheel.

Thanks, I feel it's about as accurate as it gets.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
If it is just a rare or brief glitch, I would not worry about it. That is about as good as it gets with these cars. My reverse view almost always comes up immediately as expected, but every once in a while it seems slow or hesitant to come up. Probably because I had just turned the car on a moment before and things are still booting up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe that's it since I turn the car on and go and its like "whoa whoa whoa you want what started up when?!"

It rarely happens but just seems like an odd glitch.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Maybe that's it since I turn the car on and go and its like "whoa whoa whoa you want what started up when?!"

It rarely happens but just seems like an odd glitch.
Be careful as if you hurry to start, there is a situation where putting the car in D or R too quickly might cause the brakes to not engage, I was quickly moving my car up a foot or so as the bumper of my car was sticking out of the garage, and the brakes guild hasn't pressurized yet, rammed my front bumper into the tool box on wheels - plug gave me a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach when the car wouldn't stop.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Maybe we should form the habit of starting the car as soon as we sit down, then fastening seat belt, etc. to give the car a moment to initialize before driving.

·
1,027 Posts
My 2015 would on occasion be driving "backwards" like the destination and origins were reversed. It was amusing, then got really annoying.

It also got lost a lot and often my gps would be hundreds of miles off of where I was, or the car would just go back "home" to michigan.

Never seen the nav or anything in reverse but the camera. Even if the radio was blacked out dead stack, the reverse camera worked every time.

Now if you got in and forgot to unplug and hit start and shifted quickly enough the car would not lock the shifter and you could put it in reverse or drive and it would chime and hold the parking brake, but still move while plugged in. But only a tiny brief window during initializing.

My car had lots of issues though..

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maybe we should form the habit of starting the car as soon as we sit down, then fastening seat belt, etc. to give the car a moment to initialize before driving.
I have always let my MB "boot" and do the same on the Volt :)

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
I have always let my MB "boot" and do the same on the Volt :)
Just be thankful the car isn't running some form of windows. I'd hate to see what happens to the car when the blue screen of death rears its ugly head

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Windows is the OS used by Volt techs at the dealer to do software updates. :p
That's fine. As long as the car itself isn't running windows I can sleep at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts