GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in the process of purchasing a 2013 volt, but couldn't take delivery due to the 'ground bolt(s)'. the dealership is expecting to have it for 3 days to repair/test etc.

anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have not heard of that problem, but am glad they identified it and are fixing it for you. Thoroughly check out, charge and test drive the car before you sign to ensure you are 100% happy with it.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Just guessing, but that may be where the 12 volt battery negative battery cable attaches to the car's body. A loose connection there could cause various strange problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm thinking the same thing.. though i won't really know until i get the paperwork. i will test drive and if i purchase the car will take it to a dealer for a thorough going-through. there are a few months left on the 3/36 so perhaps what they find will be covered.

odd that it will take 3 days to repair though.. if simply a ground cable bolt. simple repair in other vehicles i've owned.. just wondered if it were something different in the volt.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I know there's a ground cable and bolt repair on some Cruzes, 14311B, but I haven't heard of anything on the Volt.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
A grounding issue can affect ANY vehicle.
To the best of my knowledge there is no "chronic" grounding issues present on the Volt (or the Cruze for that matter)
In any case they are easily repaired for the most part. Usually it's as easy as remove, clean, and tighten.
The "delay" might be them waiting for parts to repair a bad ground though.
There are special repair processes for things like grounding studs on body panels, riv-nuts, and specially plated fasteners, etc that they might be waiting for.
IMO nothing to worry about for the most part , but get them to explain what exactly they did if only for your own peace of mind
Welcome to gm-volt.com

WOT

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good to know it's not a 'chronic' issue witt this car...supposed to be done on friday so hopefully i'll have the car next week. i'm hoping to get the repair paperwork to know exactly what was done..

appreciate the welcome.. very excited to get the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just turned in my 2014 leaf lease so i'm somewhat familiar with the way electric cars drive.. but i hated the limitations placed on when and where i could drive. so i'm stoked for the volt!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts