GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK, I'll play... Seeing I was actually thinking of some of these one day last week. We get 2 to 8 letters to play with here in NY.

Oh... you already took my favorite, but here goes....

NOGASREQ
PUMPWHAT
USENOGAS
SCRUOPEC
ENERGZME
CHACHING
PLUGMEIN
PLUGITIN

I almost forgot... PRIUSKLR

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
How about;

MNUSGAS
GASLESS
LESSGAS
ACPOWER
OPECSUX
VOLTAGE
NOMOGAS

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a feeling that the OPEC related vanity plates will be the most popular:

FUOPEC
OPECSUX
SCRUOPEC

Some of my own:

NO OPEC
HAHAOPEC

·
Registered
86 Posts
There was an article in the local paper about the vanity plates (tags down here) and how they check them. You can forget about the best ones!
----------
"The DOR guys are Alabama's tag police. They have the last word on whether a personalized tag is offensive in the eyes of the state's motoring public. They found 999 requests offensive last year."

----------
2 pages

http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/news/121239453465820.xml&coll=2

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
There was an article in the local paper about the vanity plates (tags down here) and how they check them. You can forget about the best ones!
They do the same thing here in California too. Pretty sure anything with OPEC, SUX, FU, SCRU ain't going to make it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI

I ran FUOPEC for 5 years on a Honda Insight here in Ga. A Pic actually was curulated through Honda America for a while. Someone filed a obsenity complaint about it and the Ga DMV recalled the plate.
The local county DMV (tax office on the county side) did not find it offensive , and renewed the 08 tag, the Ga State DMV , freaked out and ordered it to be returned . My reply , FU .. So they stated that they canceled the tag , and sent me a plain Ga Tag. So I still ran the FUOPEC tag and carried the plain tag in my Insight . I got popped in a speed trap and the local cop ran the tag , it was still valid... ok . Now that the FUOPEC tag is just about to expire , I'm looking at trying :
FAQ2GAS . sound it out .... faaa Q 2 gas ... we'll see .. But now the tag has been officially expired by the DMV , by Ga law it is my property and the state can't do anything about it . Just a FYI ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts