GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been through the manual again and the only way I find to turn off the alarm is by hitting the lock/unlock button on the fob.

checking online it looks like the dealer can but I can not by myself? Anyone here know if this is true?

I want to disable this alarm as I get an interruption text and email a minute or so after the car starts charging on the delay charging mode.

Thank you, Roy volt#1019

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
On the '13 it's in the configuration settings menu, vehicle settings then comfort and convenience. I can't speak on the '11, but its possible it may be a dealership setting that needs changing by hooking up to their diagnostic tool as some settings do require that.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
If you have it, "Charge Cord Theft Alert" is under the "Comfort and Convenience" menu, for some reason. See if yours is equipped with this. What options do you have under "Comfort and Convenience"?

There is also a 'charge loss alert'. I choose cord theft alert "on" and charge loss "off", as I have had mains power interruptions before that trigger it, so the main thing I want is to know if someone's pulling my lead out!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. This forum has been a great resource.

I did go back and re-check the "Comfort and Convenience" menu. Not there only, Chime Volume, Button Volume & Energy Summary Exit Pop-up. But no problem, I will be taking her in for tires rotation and maybe oil change as I will hit 70,000 miles in a day or two. They can do it then.

Would be nice to be able to turn off and on if I traveled more but have rarely been where someone unplugging would be a problem.

Still in love with this Amazing Car the more I drive it!

Roy Volt #1019

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Tip of the day:

Instead of flipping through the paper manual for something specific, find the electronic version online (Google it) and use a search function (Ctrl+F) to search for a keyword. Super easy and fast.

From the 2011 manual:

To arm the charge cord theft alert, lock the vehicle with the RKE transmitter. This feature can be disabled by a service technician.
Well, that's super annoying. At least you have a service appointment already planned.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have been through the manual again and the only way I find to turn off the alarm is by hitting the lock/unlock button on the fob.

checking online it looks like the dealer can but I can not by myself? Anyone here know if this is true?

I want to disable this alarm as I get an interruption text and email a minute or so after the car starts charging on the delay charging mode.

Thank you, Roy volt#1019
Just re-reading this again, I was trying to figure on what occasions I don't want this feature.

I'm unclear why you think that disabling the lead theft alarm would prevent the issue you describe. What does this text actually say?

·
Registered
14,006 Posts

Thank you, Roy volt#1019
Huh? I don't get why you want to disable the alarm. I have mine disabled, but that's because I've caused my car to honk a few times by pulling the plug in my garage without the keyfob in hand.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Tip of the day:

Instead of flipping through the paper manual for something specific, find the electronic version online (Google it) and use a search function (Ctrl+F) to search for a keyword. Super easy and fast.

From the 2011 manual:

Well, that's super annoying. At least you have a service appointment already planned.
Winning ^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts