GM Volt Forum banner

Any way to turn off that quick 3-beep horn honk?

32959 Views 31 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Steverino
In my old Volt, the only reason why it would do that is if it detected that the key was still in the vehicle. I turned that off because it was annoying and loud.

I turned off all of those settings in my new Volt but for whatever reason, it still makes that annoying sound.

Two instances where I noticed it happen:

--Turned off vehicle. I opened the door then I closed it.
--I left vehicle on but had to go outside to open the garage (I don't have remote yet and for whatever reason, GM didn't include garage opener on the new Volt). Closing the door while the vehicle was still on activated those three beeps of the horn.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,504 Posts
No. It's not the full application of the horn — just a lighter version of the horn playing a "pat-pat-pat" sound.
If it's changed for gen2, that's good. But on gen1 its full volume ear-splitting honks.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Questions: With the remote in car alert disabled is there any way I could lock the car with the remote inside? My car doesn't seem to have automatic lock so I need the remote to lock it.
If you try really hard you can, but it usually will automatically unlock the driver door when it detects a fob is inside and you've locked it. The try really hard bit comes in when you have to find that exact tiny spot within the car where it may not be detected and can lock for real.
You also need to manually hit the lock button before closing the door, or have passive lock enabled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts