GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything info about any new February incentives - Bonus Tag / Private Offers / etc

Do they only come out on the second half of the month?

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I'm assuming all the offers are still out there and there are some very good ones if you live in the right states. In CARB states you might be looking at $6K or more off MSRP. So more geographic than time dependent.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
GM has not turned on private offers for many months...They seemed to go the direction of bonus tags and super bonus tags in which the Volt can qualify for up to $3000 off in bonus tags...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
FWIW, looks like the money factor for Volts went UP to .00062/1.49% (from .0005/1.2%).

Bolt EV MF now confirmed at .00072/1.73%.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is usually posted on the Chevrolet web site: http://www.chevrolet.com/current-deals.html
It doesn't seem to be accurate because when I browse some dealer sites, it has Bonus Tag listed - but missing from other dealers.

FWIW, looks like the money factor for Volts went UP to .00062/1.49% (from .0005/1.2%).

Bolt EV MF now confirmed at .00072/1.73%.
When the money factor goes up - does that mean they keep their value and leases are cheaper?

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
It doesn't seem to be accurate because when I browse some dealer sites, it has Bonus Tag listed - but missing from other dealers.

When the money factor goes up - does that mean they keep their value and leases are cheaper?
Bonus tag is only on certain cars, not all of them.

As for money factor, No, it means the interest rate that you are paying went up, so you end up paying more, or possibly the cost of the car went down, so they bumped up the money factor to make the same payment as before the price drop. There are many knobs they can twist to still make money on a lease deal.

Although, the 100% down, unlimited miles, $0 per month, unlimited term deal is always there for the taking.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Wait 3-4 months and the 2017's will get a bit cheaper and the 2018 volt might be up for order

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Herein lies the dilemma -

Gen I Volt lease ends in < 2 weeks.

Buy a Bolt with higher prices or lease a Volt with the current leases. I think the Volt is my only rational option.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Buy a $500 Honda Insight beater then ditch it in 3-6 months when the right deal comes around.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Herein lies the dilemma -

Gen I Volt lease ends in < 2 weeks.

Buy a Bolt with higher prices or lease a Volt with the current leases. I think the Volt is my only rational option.
Option 3. Buy any other car that is used, in good shape, you can afford to pay cash for, and hold until Bolts are available, then sell the ice. Someone else already took the big depreciation hit, the effects of 9 months to a year won't affect the price resale much, and you now have the freedom to buy only when you find the deal of the decade (like my $44k 2013 premium for $21k after all the rebates, incentives, and tax credits)

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts