GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over a year since Chevy mention volt MPV 5 as a concept. Ford C-Max energi/Hybrid and Toyota Prius v now have a release date for family size cars. I would like to see Chevy speed up MPV 5 process as I think MPV 5 will be better fit for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Agreed. I've got a Google News search set up for any new info...and NOTHING for a long time. I'm really much more interested in the MPV 5 than a Volt, but I may end up getting a Volt in the short term anyway. Here in MI I could have a Volt by the end of the summer, but now I'm waiting to see what GM has in store for 2012/2013. MPV5 or plug in GMC Granite would be sweet.

3,600 Posts
@microautoe

I did some looking around and did not find anything new. The Volt MPV5 is still a pure concept vehicle. There are no plans at this time to put it into commercial production.

Volt Advisor Trevor
Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team

·
Registered
509 Posts
There are no plans at this time to put it into commercial production.

Volt Advisor Trevor
Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
Bummer.:( Is there anything we can we do to help GM decide to greenlight the MPV5? I was really hoping it would be available by March, 2014 when my Volt lease runs out.

Jim
Volt #1357

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree, I think this car would sell like hotcakes - my wife keeps saying she wants a "Volt SUV", I was hoping we'd be able to make the MPV our second Volt. :(

·
Registered
844 Posts
My wife really wants the security of a AWD car that the driver sits up higher in like a SUV. She is not thrilled with my Volt for those reasons.

I would like her to have a Voltec type of car, I dont know if the new Ford C-max plug in will be available in AWD.

She is not a ECO minded driver constantly gas - break - gas - break, so I need to get her in a plug in type of car.

I did see a very nice prototype yesterday, of a AWD plug in with a electric motor at each wheel, but it was a large crew cab pick up, but it would be way too large and expensive.

Wonder if the will be a plug in version of the Forester?

3,600 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm also waiting for the MPV5... hoping it's like a MiniVan with seats that come out when not needed... to save weight and increase range plus more cargo space. I'm for practical solutions... our Pontiac Montana mini van was the most convient vehicle we ever owned... very reliable and with over 150 cubic feet of cargo space still got a easy 25mpg with 4 people and cargo... we miss it... we bumped into the people who we sold it to and they love it also and has over 165K miles on it now.... it's just so covenient reliable and comfortable...
I hope we are saying that about a new Voltec vehicle soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts