GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about all of the charging stations in Chattanooga, TN and have the opportunity to take a quick trip up there this weekend for a day/night. Has anyone used any of the chargers in downtown or at the local sites (Ruby Falls, Rock City, etc.). I see that the chargers are free but belong to the Blink network. Will I still have to have a Blink card to use them even though they are free to use (I ordered one today so obviously I won't have it in time)? I was planning my trip based off of these chargers: lunch at Cracker Barrel that has a charger on the outside of town, visit Ruby Falls for a couple of hours, and then have dinner at a downtown resturant with a charger. With all of these stops/charges, I should be able to head back home with a full charge on Sunday (assuming I can use the chargers without a Blink card). If I am not able to use them, that will change my plans/trip a little (lunch/dinner somewhere else, use of Mountain Mode to save some miles for moving around the city, etc).

·
Registered
718 Posts
i would like to know this too.. tell me how the trip goes. i may visit chatt in may.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I drove through there in July 2011 with my (very early) Volt but none of those stations were there yet. Knoxville had a few and I stopped at all of them. All documented (with photos etc.) at http://carstations.com .

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chris. So, you were able to use the ones in Knoxville (which appear to be a part of the Blink network as well) without a Blink card?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Don't forget to look for the choo choo! and gets some pics.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was in Chattanooga in October. I used the Blink Chargers for free, but I used their card. I think you can call their 800 number to authorize a charger but I'm not certain.

Chattanooga is a great town. My wife and I really enjoyed the historic and scenic sights. Point Lookout is not to be missed. Stop at Ruby Falls for a recharge and picnic.

As Solar Dave said....send pics!!

Here's a quick summary of my trip: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?9727-Smokey-Mountains-Road-Trip

Volt 63

1 - 6 of 6 Posts