GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing (not leasing) - 2017 Volt. Anyone know what incentives are available for December? I'm in SoCal.

I've emailed a couple dealers, and I've seen either $1500 or $1000 rebates. No dealer has combined.

I was hoping for November-like or better rebates this month.

Can anyone comment or provide additional info?

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
If you're a Costco member you might look at the GM-Costco Holiday program. That will get you a few hundred more bucks and presumably good pricing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From my personal experience it seems the best deals are within the last 1-2 weeks of the month. I picked up my new Volt last month on the 16th, and 3 days later GM tacked on an additional $1,000 rebate :(

Your info doesn't state where you are, but if you are in Southern California definitely try Rydell Chevrolet. Oh, and while you can get the GM supplier pricing from Costco this year, they are NOT offering the $700 cash card like they did last year.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Oh, and while you can get the GM supplier pricing from Costco this year, they are NOT offering the $700 cash card like they did last year.
Wrong. Volt was added 21 November.

costco.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any new incentives for December? Any good deals out there?? Back in the market and it doesn't seem like Chevy is making a push to clear out VOLT inventory!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Buying in December is the quickest way to get back your $7500 tax credit. And GM knows that. Clearing inventory is for summer.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Buying in December is the quickest way to get back your $7500 tax credit. And GM knows that. Clearing inventory is for summer.
The quickest way to get your tax credit is to actually lease now buy later. I cannot imagine GM even thinks about the tax credit angle, they did offer very attractive incentives for November. Dealers are also reportedly knocking $4K-$5K off the sales price...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought my volt for a really good deal. Around 6k off msrp, 0% interest, and 700 Costco cash card. Always deal with multiple dealerships once you figure out what packages you want. They'll compete for your business.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's exactly what I am doing in south central NC right now. Yesterday i emailed about a dozen giving them my wants and what I'll accept as extras if they want to find me the car instead of ordering it. I'm still waiting to get the actual answers instead of just more questions. I am looking to take delivery no earlier than January 1st though to get the relax credit in 2017 when I retire from the military and expect to get a job that pays a whole lot more. Also, if I order it I won't get it until next year anyways.

Any advice when dealing with the dealers via email phone and text? Other than just being honest with them up front as I have been that I am looking for the best deal from several dealers.

Respectfully,
Kelly

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Any advice when dealing with the dealers via email phone and text? Other than just being honest with them up front as I have been that I am looking for the best deal from several dealers.
Ummm, no. I can't express my frustration with dealerships and the somewhat baffling behavior they exhibit. For example, one dealership, just recently, had a NEW 2013 on its lot and was asking just a few thousand off the car's original MSRP. Outside of asking them point blank -- "do you WANT to sell me this car, or not?" I'm not really sure what more to do.

The only leverages you really have in this transaction are (1) go somewhere else; or (2) walk away. That's really it. If you've exhausted #1 and aren't getting the deal you want from other dealers, then try #2 and wait a month or two and try again. I've found that some dealers who weren't able to do anything at one time may get more willing later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's exactly what I am doing in south central NC right now. Yesterday i emailed about a dozen giving them my wants and what I'll accept as extras if they want to find me the car instead of ordering it. I'm still waiting to get the actual answers instead of just more questions. I am looking to take delivery no earlier than January 1st though to get the relax credit in 2017 when I retire from the military and expect to get a job that pays a whole lot more. Also, if I order it I won't get it until next year anyways.

Respectfully,
Kelly
Two simple principles:
1. Know what you want exactly - don't deal with adding etc.
2. Know what you want to pay.

Always, always deal with out the door pricing for your state. Be smart about what rebates are available. Everything is negotiable, even the dealer processing fee. Be firm, polite, and aggressive.

Work the deal out before even stepping into the dealership. We worked out all the out the door number plus 0 finance.

Deal with only honest or straight up managers. Usually when your corresponding via email or text, you deal directly with the Internet manager.

When we sent out our requests, we only gave them our email since we did not want to deal with them calling us to tell us to come in or negotiating over the phone. Always in email or text, they can't back out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ugh! This forum sucks for typing posts on my iPhone! I just typed a long response and it disappeared!

Anyways, I ordered it today. No one else would even touch the first dealer's offer. Several even said it was illegal to sell it that cheap and I wouldn't actually get it for that. I'm hoping I'll actually get it for less with the rebates and incentives available when it is delivered hopefully around presidents weekend.

I got it for $1k+ less than anyone else offered and with an extra $1k+ of factory and dealer options. I went with black in me out. I am considering making the interior the black and brandy instead (they are not submitting the order until the end of the week) but haven't seen one. I have a black interior now in my 12 and like it but was wondering if the brandy would be cooler (I'm in NC) as a positive but if it would show dirt and stuff more as a negative. Anyone have any experience, thoughts or suggestions?
Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is all I could offer on my transaction

2017 LT in gray w/comfort and leather. MSRP $35,455.
Actual dealer discount is $4,650
Rebates (but they didn't tell me how it got broken down) is $4,500

So I guess you can say the car was $26,305.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what I ended up getting... Feedback?

Well, here is the final breakdown I was able to get when I ordered on the day after Christmas. I qualify for active duty military (supplier pricing) as well as student discount due to taking a class at the local community college before I retire from the military after almost 24 years. This is my retirement present to myself.

Volt
Premier
Black
Jet Black/Jet Black
Driver Confidence 1&2
Adaptive Cruise Control
Navigation
Ambient Lighting
Illuminated Charge Port
Interior Protection Package (all weather mats and all weather cargo mat)
Sill Plates
Windshield Shade
Side-rear sunshades
Wheel Lock Kit

Free Dealer added nitrogen in tires
Free Dealer added pin-striping (still not sure if I will take it or not...probably will because I can always take it off if I don't like it)
Free Dealer added 3rd brake light kit (brake blinks 3 times whenever it is applied)

41950 MSRP
38500 sales price
596 doc fee
1172.88 tax (NC)
133 plates (NC)
40401.88 total
1000 rebate
39401.88 total

1000 deposit

Supposedly whatever incentives are available when I take delivery at about 5-11 weeks from now I will get as well. Hoping for some rebates more than just $1k based on what I have seen posted in this forum for other areas. Also hoping for 0% financing (whether at 60 months or even 36 would be better than paying more in interest).

Any ideas on ways to be SURE that I get any available incentives? Any way to know what incentives will be coming up either the next day, the next week, the next month or the next "season"?

Also, one of the dealers I went to told me that the best incentives are often around President's Weekend in February, which could conceivably be when I am able to take delivery. Any idea if this is true? I'd be willing to let the car sit at the dealer for a week if it meant I could save some money on it! I'd hate to take delivery and then the next day I could have saved another grand or more.

Oh, and every other dealer I talked to said they were selling it to me illegally low and wouldn't come that close to the offer I went with. Some dealers refused to even give me a quote stating they couldn't be sure how much it would be when I received it. I told them if they didn't give a price to order it that I wouldn't be ordering it with them. They said...ok. So dumb on their part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally leased my Volt Premier here in NJ. I tried negotiating to purchase it but the most I could get off of MSRP was $2k. I realize this is a higher end trim line but I'm seeing GREAT deals in CA and other states by checking a variety of web sites. I just don't get why they won't deal. It's not like these cars are flying off the dealerships. When I started shopping about 4 weeks ago for the Volt there were 19 cars (LT and Premier). I just checked and there are 17 on the lots.

I finally decided to lease one and got about $8700 in discounts and rebates from the leasing company. At least this way, if they come out with a larger kw battery or more features, I can trade up in 3 years.

It just seems like dealers in my area aren't really interested in lowering the price to get these cars moving. I should add that I usually purchase Honda's and this is my first GM car. Perhaps these cars cost more for the dealers than the CRVs, Accords and Civics that I've purchased in the past. Of course, this doesn't jive will all the great deals that I see people getting in other states.

I hope GM dealers start moving these cars. Selling more PHEVs should incentivize businesses to keeping growing the L2 charging infrastructure.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I finally leased my Volt Premier here in NJ. I tried negotiating to purchase it but the most I could get off of MSRP was $2k. I realize this is a higher end trim line but I'm seeing GREAT deals in CA and other states by checking a variety of web sites. I just don't get why they won't deal. It's not like these cars are flying off the dealerships. When I started shopping about 4 weeks ago for the Volt there were 19 cars (LT and Premier). I just checked and there are 17 on the lots.

I finally decided to lease one and got about $8700 in discounts and rebates from the leasing company. At least this way, if they come out with a larger kw battery or more features, I can trade up in 3 years.

It just seems like dealers in my area aren't really interested in lowering the price to get these cars moving. I should add that I usually purchase Honda's and this is my first GM car. Perhaps these cars cost more for the dealers than the CRVs, Accords and Civics that I've purchased in the past. Of course, this doesn't jive will all the great deals that I see people getting in other states.

I hope GM dealers start moving these cars. Selling more PHEVs should incentivize businesses to keeping growing the L2 charging infrastructure.
We do know there are deals to be had just might be a far drive depending where you live in NJ; Mass and MD have reported great discounts off the sales price...

But overall it's the haggle, have a Cali dealer make you of $5K off offer, bring it your local dealer and say they have one shot to match it before you purchase the Cali airfare....

·
Registered
12 Posts
But overall it's the haggle, have a Cali dealer make you of $5K off offer, bring it your local dealer and say they have one shot to match it before you purchase the Cali airfare....
Hmm. Didn't think outside the box like this. Will have to remember this tip when my lease is up for renewal in 3 years. Thanks!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts