GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 LT just new this week. I’d like to know if there’s a hack to keep the back up camera on.

Love the Volt so far. We’ve got solar on the house so charging is FREE.

·
Administrator
20,218 Posts
There is the Stuntman Hack. Drive in reverse like they do in the movies :)

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
did they patch being able to switch to reverse while going forward ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
In aftermarket systems, typically the camera turns on via a relay in line with the reverse light. So anytime the reverse light is on, the camera is on and takes over the screen. In a factory system, there could be numerous other triggers to turn it on, but there is a possibility that it turns on anytime 12V is applied to the camera. You'd have to experiment with it to see if this is the case. If it was, just adding an in-line switch to a new 12v feed would do it, though it would become manual at that point, rather than turning on automatically when you go into reverse.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
so....just curious....why do you want the backup camera on when you're driving forward?
If you are hauling cargo and cannot see through the rearview mirror, it can be handy like a rearview mirror is. RV's have a setting that allows this.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I'd like to be able to turn it on when pulling into a parking space so that I can see that I have pulled far enough in that the rear is not sticking out.
Just pause in R for a couple of seconds. Done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts