GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my 2017 Volt Premier to tow a small aluminum sport trailer with 2 kayaks and 2 paddleboards. I also have a small aluminum utility trailer to take my garbage and recycle stuff to the dump. Just wondering if any Bolt owners are doing any light duty towing with their Bolts?

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
I use my 2017 Volt Premier to tow a small aluminum sport trailer with 2 kayaks and 2 paddleboards. I also have a small aluminum utility trailer to take my garbage and recycle stuff to the dump. Just wondering if any Bolt owners are doing any light duty towing with their Bolts?
No response for the Bolt but see you are waiting for the Model 3. A lot of articles and video on a hitch for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=tesla+model+3+hitch

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No longer waiting for the Model 3.....have decided to wait for either the Model Y or something comparable from others like Maybe even GM!

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I vaguely remember a Bolt EV owner on one of the facebook groups towing with the Bolt EV. Clearly, it's not recommended, and it was certainly light duty.

I believe Curtis makes a tow hitch that fits, but I don't know much more about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts