GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of 2018 owners here have had any recalls so far? I checked on mychevrolet.com and there aren't any listed for mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2018 has not been subject to any recalls thus far. I purchased mine in May and it has been 100% problem free.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not the question posed, but somehow halfway responsive, since they're very nearly identical cars. My (early) 2017 Volt is also recall free.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
659 Posts
Although not a recall, the TSB#18NA-174 is one you probably should look at getting done. Software update that addresses the engine backfires that all the G2 units have. Apparently just came out at the end of June.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Although not a recall, the TSB#18NA-174 is one you probably should look at getting done. Software update that addresses the engine backfires that all the G2 units have. Apparently just came out at the end of June.
I thought this issue only affected some early 2016 model year vehicles?

·
Registered
561 Posts
There is a TSB out because some cars were shipped without a cardboard spacer for the tire inflator kit bag. Without this (and if you put all the parts in the bag and bolt it down), the components will rattle around in the trunk.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
When I googled that TSB#, it pointed back to a forum post here, posted by 2016/17 owners. Is this for 2018 too?

A side question: is there a website or database where I can read up all the TSB or search for particular TSB? My google search has not been successful.

PS: I checked here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls with my VIN. It reported 0 recalls. But does it search TSB too?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Not all - so far my 2017 has been backfire free.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
When I googled that TSB#, it pointed back to a forum post here, posted by 2016/17 owners. Is this for 2018 too?

A side question: is there a website or database where I can read up all the TSB or search for particular TSB? My google search has not been successful.

PS: I checked here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls with my VIN. It reported 0 recalls. But does it search TSB too?
If the manufacturer has released the TSB to the NHTSA then you can search there as well.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
According to the NHTSA, there have been no recalls for either 2017 or 2018. No complaints for 2108 and 45 for 2017. Some of those complaints have shown up here and some are simply ludicrous and 100% operator error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts