GM Volt Forum banner

Answer to urban speeding - an article

2207 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  RScott
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,480 Posts
I responded over there. Interesting take, and at first, yes, I did find myself paying much too much attention to the "video game" aspect - to the detriment of good driving. But you can choose to turn that stuff off, or ignore it. I already know how to drive, from racetrack to hyper-mileing - all I needed was the right auto to do it in. That'd be my Volt.

· Registered
847 Posts
It is interesting, but ironically has nothing to do with speeding. As far as I know, the only time that speeding would affect the spinning ball is if you are on the highway at highway speeds -- but at those speeds, the ball only moves up slightly (it still has the leaves on it), and it still doesn't know if you are speeding or not (e.g. doing 70MPH in a 55MPH zone will show the same as doing 70MPH in a 75MPH zone).

I had assumed the article was going to suggest a similar concept to minimize speeding, but no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.