GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listen to carprousa.com now and then on the radio (KNX, Sat. AM in L.A.) Jerry Reynolds has just posted his review of the '17 Volt and it's a good one. With so many favorable reviews I wonder why the car doesn't sell way more than it does. I guess most prospective buyers never estimate total operating costs over 3 or more years before they buy. On this basis the car is a steal. My '16 statistics: 10k mi., 95% electric, $0 expense other than gas and (prior to solar) electric cost. Come on, Chevy, get with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It was also one of the things I looked into as well. My second choice was a Volkswagen Passat. Built in America, ok reliability. Fuel and Maintenance is 10k over 5 years. 6k is fuel and 4k is maintenance. Drop the fuel to between $500 and 1k on the volt, and the maintenance to under or around 1k and I put that towards what I'm paying. My first 2 years of oil changes are free with the volt. The only thing your going to really need is tires and a new battery in the 5 years I plan on owing this car. It really is the dealers trying to sell Cruzes instead of volts.

Cheers,
Tross

1 - 2 of 2 Posts