GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the past few months I've been having a problem with the heater not working in my 2014 Volt. It will work on occasion but usually won't. It doesn't matter if I'm driving on Hold or battery...I live about 90 miles from the nearest Chevy dealership and my car unfortunately is just out warranty by about 3k miles and 5 months. I talked to my Chevy Service Advisor he said they just fixed a 2013 with no heat and the repair was very expensive....

I've read literally 100's of posts of people with the same issue. Has anyone found a less expensive fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
383 Posts
The same issue is no heat, but if you read the posts, there are several fixes, some simple,while others are more involved. My 2013 got a software update which made a dramatic difference in heat output and was covered under warranty. In a later case, I got a " check high voltage charging system" message just as I was driving past the dealership. The light was triggered by low coolant in one of the reservoirs. Problem fixed by tightening a hose clamp and refilling with proper coolant. Your intermittent heating would not be inconsistent with coolant loss.
Although both times were no charge warranty repair, neither of these fixes would approach $2,000,which in my estimation would be worst case scenario.
Good luck, let us know what happens. Lots of good posts about checking reservoir levels. Make sure you use correct coolant, also covered in plenty of forum posts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts