GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Sounds like Honda is using the full 6.6KWh Level 2 charging. GM should have done that with the Volt.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Sounds like they took aim directly at the Volt. It looks like a great package. Basically a Volt, except with a real rear seat. I'd like one.

·
8,680 Posts
Huh. Someone finally made a serious competitor for the Volt. (Though it sounds like the engine comes on when floored on the Clarity PHEV.) It only took seven years...

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, whether it takes some Volt sales or whether sales of both go up as folks figure out what they've been missing.

P.S. Honda says it comes with power memory seats, too... :p

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
More competition, the better. It's the only way to move this tech forward.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice looking. If it has an EV range of 47 and gets between 40-44 mpg (assuming in CS mode), how small is the fuel tank to only allow for 340 miles total range?

By comparison, my Volt routinely gets 420 miles on a full tank and charge.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
More data is needed. But at first glance, the first EREV competition to the Volt is coming. But if it's 'combined' power like most plug-ins, the Volt will probably still be the superior driver's car.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Methinks that GM has licensed the Voltec to Honda, to prevent wasting time in lawsuits. Notice the very similar features in the modes of operation. At least the Voltec gets to live on.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nice looking. If it has an EV range of 47 and gets between 40-44 mpg (assuming in CS mode), how small is the fuel tank to only allow for 340 miles total range?

By comparison, my Volt routinely gets 420 miles on a full tank and charge.
Ha ha. I get 110 EV miles in my Volt but not regularly... often 68 EV miles, yeah, my GOM's range is 600+ miles at times, but most times it is about 540 miles total range after charging.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Chevy could quickly address this situation if they made the Malibu hybrid into a plug-in with the Volt battery pack.

But they won't.

·
Administrator
20,186 Posts
Maybe Honda will advertise their EREV so GM can see how that's done?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
It will be interesting to see the MSRP for this.
Betting 38k base, 45k loaded.

But, it sounds like a nice car, and I'm weird enough that I like how it looks. Though it will look even better in something OTHER THAN white. Nice job, Honda.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
plate says fuelcell
I believe the Clarity line now comes in 3 versions: BEV, fuel cell, and now PHEV/EREV. But they all have the same body, just like Ford Fusion's regular, hybrid, and Energi versions.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Maybe Honda will advertise their EREV so GM can see how that's done?
Not a chance (for GM that is). VW spent years advertising their product line as the "only" option if you wanted to go from entry level to high MPG yet the Cruze line did just that, including exceeding the VW's product line's high end for efficiency. Not a peep out of GM. The reality is if it isn't a truck or built on a truck chassis then GM doesn't know how to market it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts