GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2017 LT Siren Red with Heated seats. Coming from a 2012 TDI Jetta, wanted to buy the volt back in 2012 when I bought the Jetta but the higher base cost on the Gen 1 caused me to look elsewhere. Now with the increase range of the Gen 2 and the lower base MSRP, along with a nice buyback from VW!, I was able to make the numbers work and im pretty excited! I just want to thank everyone on this forum, I really leveraged this site to gain information needed to get the best deal possible. Now I just have to get a 240 volt outlet installed in my garage!

Here is the deal I was able to get in Illinois, I felt it was a pretty decent deal

MSRP 34,950
Sales Price: 29,700
Tax Credit: 7,500
Effective price: 22,200

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome to the club.
Is that $29700 the price anyone can get or did you stack a bunch of discounts? $29700 is pretty cheap in the midwest.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Alright! Another red one is in the house.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am so jealous of your deal. Mind sharing your strategy that netted that deal to help others?

It'll be surreal when every other Gen 2 Volt on the street is red.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am so jealous of your deal. Mind sharing your strategy that netted that deal to help others?

It'll be surreal when every other Gen 2 Volt on the street is red.
since is was the end of the third quarter (Sep 30th) I thought that there might be a possible good deal to be had so I went into the dealership but they offered me the car for 32.6K. At that point I thanked them for their time and went home, she e-mailed me the next day and told me I could have the car for 31.7K @ 0% or wait for an October deal and get it for 29.7K Not at 0%, I ran the numbers and they were okay but I wanted to wait until October and try to get a private offer so I told her I was going to wait a few weeks. Then she e-mailed me back saying they were able to offer me the car at 29.7K in September so I also got the 0% financing.

"You better hope you get the whole 7500 dollars then to expect an outcome like that."

I am just going based off of the idea that I paid more than 7500 in federal tax last year AFTER filing my taxes. I hope the dealership did not pull any funny business with the car, it did have 53 miles on it when I picked it up, you have me worried now heh. It does say new on all of the paperwork and does not have any "demo" box checked.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ah, patience and timing. Thanks for the info, nweaver2614! Mine had ~70 miles on it when I got it but I wanted an exact build that a dealership 50 miles away had. Since a shipment could not be arranged and I was willing to drive to the other dealership to get the deal, mine suggested I stay with them and they'll have one of their people drive the car to me. I bit. They used up all the electric but the gas tank was still full so I wasn't too bummed.

But I'd definitely clarify with dealership and have them show me/circle on the paperwork where the car is indicated as new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts