GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took purchase of a brand new 2017 Volt Premier edition. Been driving a Camry Hybrid for the last 9 years so it's nice to finally have something that really uses battery and almost no gas. Getting my charging sorted out this week so I can charge at level 2 speeds since my circuit in my garage can't currently handle charging at 12 amps.

JT

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just took purchase of a brand new 2017 Volt Premier edition. Been driving a Camry Hybrid for the last 9 years so it's nice to finally have something that really uses battery and almost no gas. Getting my charging sorted out this week so I can charge at level 2 speeds since my circuit in my garage can't currently handle charging at 12 amps.

JT
Your circuit can most likely handle 12 amps. You'll just have to understand what's on that circuit. What I found is that all of my outlets were on one circuit and I had an electrician drop an isolated outlet for my Volt. Problem solved.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Your circuit can most likely handle 12 amps. You'll just have to understand what's on that circuit. What I found is that all of my outlets were on one circuit and I had an electrician drop an isolated outlet for my Volt. Problem solved.
But charging at L2 is so much more convenient than L1. Sure the number of times I saved some fuel charging L2 vs. going all night long in L1 probably doesn't pay for the EVSE and electrician to install the circuit, but the freedom it gives you with the ability to take after dinner shopping trips is worth it. I no longer feel trapped waiting for the car to charge trying to avoid using fuel.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts