GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reuters is again the dummy on the knee of the Saudi ventriloquist:

Carmakers think outside the box as electric dreams shatter

GENEVA (Reuters) - Carmakers are going back to the drawing board in the hunt for fuel-saving technologies as hopes that electric vehicles will be the silver bullet for CO2 emissions look increasingly forlorn.

There is a growing awareness that conventional hybrids and slow-selling battery cars simply won't be enough to meet rigid EU emissions limits.

Among those showing off new ideas at the Geneva car show this week, Volkswagen presented its diesel-electric XL1...
GM's Opel scrapped plans for a fully electric Adam subcompact, citing high costs...

http://news.yahoo.com/carmakers-think-outside-box-electric-dreams-shatter-154324363--sector.html

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
What do the Saudi financiers of Reuters have against cars that don't use oil?

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's a shame that a company as old and relatively respected as Reuters has been completely bought out by oil interests. It's also shocking how poorly veiled it is. And this is from a company that won't even allow the word "terrorist" to be used in any articles, as to appear staying neutral. But then they use the most over the top language on the "complete failure" of electric vehicles.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
It's a shame that a company as old and relatively respected as Reuters has been completely bought out by oil interests. It's also shocking how poorly veiled it is. And this is from a company that won't even allow the word "terrorist" to be used in any articles, as to appear staying neutral. But then they use the most over the top language on the "complete failure" of electric vehicles.
I guess they favor Hyundais...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Um.. My Chevy Volt produces 27g/km on EU tests. It's even stated on the registeration papers.

Now what wonders need to be done to make it pass 130g/km in 2015? How about 95g/km in 2020?

If you wish to force this, then just make "incentive" that for each car doing over the limit, a special tax of 1000€/g is added to purchase and additional 100€/g yearly evironmental tax is send to owners to support change to cleaner cars. Would mean something like 27000€/year to own my jeep and rise it's purchase price by 270000€ :)

Although I think the CO2 thing is nonsense, there is possibility to do things better and if change is wanted fast it must first hurt the common people to gain momentum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts