GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to share another option for our ELR's when it comes to winter rim and tire setups.

Rims:
- FAST Switch
- 17" x 7.5" w/ 40mm offset
- 70.30mm hub bore (i.e. no hub centric rings to worry about)

Tires (referenced from others):
- Michelin X-ice3
- 225/60/17 99H

So far I'm pretty happy with this setup in the 4000 kms I've had them on. Caliper clearance is more than adequate when compared to the minimum 3~5mm range that most sources suggest. No spacers or hub centric rings are required. Based on the tire/rim sizing between this setup and the stock setup I don't expect any tire rub and I haven't heard or seen any evidence of it. As for the tires, they seem to have ok grip but nothing amazing when coming to a stop in icy conditions. As well they don't ride great (might be due to the load index) but I'm not sure if it is the tire or the car as I haven't had the car long enough to get familiar with how the car rides.

I also wanted to share the TPMS sensors and tool I used as another reference.

TPMS Sensor:
- ACDelco PN#13598772

TPMS Tool:
- AUGOCOM El-50448 TPMS Activation Tool

I know some of these TPMS tools have a bad reputation for not working correctly but the one above worked great for me and only took one try to program my sensors.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
776 Posts
Just wanted to check in and say thanks. Good looking inexpensive wheels that fit perfectly. Canada Wheels wanted me to take 18s becuase "17s don't fit that car", lol. I told them to ship the 17s. I mounted, balanced and put them on the car today. Fit perfect, lots of caliper clearance. Re-used my old TPMS units from my wrecked CTS. I'm using the tires from that car, too, 235 55 17.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
776 Posts
Nothing like a winter tire update in May! Found center caps on ebay that I thought might work. After waiting a couple of months for mail to arrive from China, happy to report that they fit, and look OEM... nice 3D raise detail on the emblem. Set of four was $12!

I also switched out the tires for XIce 3s, so much more quiet. Range should be better next winter, too.

Caps:

Before:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, no worries! I really wanted at 17" setup and since there aren't many options I figured it would be worth sharing. You'll have to give an update on the XIces.

Just wanted to check in and say thanks. Good looking inexpensive wheels that fit perfectly. Canada Wheels wanted me to take 18s becuase "17s don't fit that car", lol. I told them to ship the 17s. I mounted, balanced and put them on the car today. Fit perfect, lots of caliper clearance. Re-used my old TPMS units from my wrecked CTS. I'm using the tires from that car, too, 235 55 17.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts