GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a 2018 Chevy Volt (off lease vehicle), 31K miles. Purchased via CARVANA.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

I promise to read all the FAQs first before I bombard anyone with questions. :)
Enjoy your weekend and please be careful out there!
bw

·
Administrator
22,266 Posts
Welcome pharmgyritoo!

When you do have a question, please keep the below in mind:
  • Use the Search capability of the Owner's Manual PDF to locate topics that address your question/issue. The PDF is at Manuals and Guides | Vehicle Support | Chevy
  • Use Google search
  • Use this forum's Search.
  • Still can't find the answer? Post your question, include model year, details on the issue, what you've already tried, etc.
  • When posting a problem, post in the Problems forum, not News :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations, we have several volts and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my practice EV. When I grow up, I want a long range Tesla. Or really, any EV that can get at least 400 miles on a charge and I know that day is coming.. Until then, I will love my Volt! Thank you for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Great. We’ve found the Volt is a great way to have an everyday EV without worrying about where to charge. (We drive less than the 50 mile range per day around town). We only buy gas for road trips, so just once or twice a year. Otherwise it is an EV for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is my practice EV. When I grow up, I want a long range Tesla. Or really, any EV that can get at least 400 miles on a charge and I know that day is coming.. Until then, I will love my Volt! Thank you for the welcome.
Not to be a downer, but use caution when calculating range for Tesla's. You'll most likely NEVER get the range as advertised from them. What people don't realize when they are coming from a combustion car to a battery powered car is that cold conditions use a LOT more of your battery's energy than you might intuitively think. This is because it wants to keep itself warm and you'll use energy to keep your interior warm. Also, going above 60 mph you will start to use up a lot of watt hours/mile. So your efficiency really drops. Basically, in the cold while going 70mph on interstates, a Model 3 will get 200-220-ish miles. Instead of the 300+ as advertised.

These effects are the same for a Volt. However, with the engine there to keep you going, all the range anxiety is gone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts