GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
650 Posts
Ai think it would be higher, problem is that dealers can't get any inventory.. Seems we are much higher proportional sales than that of the US. I suspect the higher rebates and high gas could be part of the reason.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've phoned around and have only seen one in stock in Cambridge Ontario, here in Toronto, they can't keep them in stock.
The one in Cambridge is a Black on Black car. Saw it on the lot on Sunday. Though I tried to buy a 2012 Volt from them and it didn't go well. Wasn't impressed with them.

Barry Cullen in Guelph Ontario is pretty good to deal with (where I got my 2017). They recently had their allocation doubled.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
650 Posts
Can you imagine what the sales numbers would be if:

-GM had enough of them to put stock in every Chevy dealer
- Dealers had the knowledge required to sell a Volt ( yes I still get told that the motor just drives a generator in a G2)
- All Chevy dealers had volt trained service people in their shop
-GM and dealer network actually ADVERTISE this car

Volt is still the best kept secret in the industry......

·
Registered
568 Posts
add a +1 to any sales June... my 2017 was built and currently status code 4B00 waiting to ship out (via rail or truck I don't know)

Will probably take it a week or so to make it's way down to TX :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
The one in Cambridge is a Black on Black car. Saw it on the lot on Sunday. Though I tried to buy a 2012 Volt from them and it didn't go well. Wasn't impressed with them.

Barry Cullen in Guelph Ontario is pretty good to deal with (where I got my 2017). They recently had their allocation doubled.
Note to anyone thinking about it, the location of the car and the dealership from which you purchase said car are not necessarily linked... I ordered a Summit White back in October, but after 5 weeks and not even a TPW, my dealership arranged a trade with another one across town. They got a Black one, which I accepted, and my dealership sent over an SUV as a swap.

So if you find one online that you like but the folks there are terrible, get yourself on up to Guelph and ask Barry to trade for the one in Cambridge!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Note to anyone thinking about it, the location of the car and the dealership from which you purchase said car are not necessarily linked... I ordered a Summit White back in October, but after 5 weeks and not even a TPW, my dealership arranged a trade with another one across town. They got a Black one, which I accepted, and my dealership sent over an SUV as a swap.

So if you find one online that you like but the folks there are terrible, get yourself on up to Guelph and ask Barry to trade for the one in Cambridge!
As a note my 2017 came courtesy of a dealer trade from a dealer in Markham (Through Barry Cullen). My car wasn't built yet but Barry Cullen traded the car from the other dealer before it was manufactured. However when I took delivery of my car (end of March) I was told that dealers in Ontario are no longer trading Volts due to tight supply. Not sure if this is still true however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts