GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 Volt LT. No previous issues, 38,000 miles, about 15 miles left on the HV battery.
This past wednesday, my wife had taken the Volt to work. It sat in the parking lot for about 8.5 hours. When she went to leave she pushed start and the car started to initialize. She got a shift to park message and then it went dark inside. When I showed up, the parking lamps were on, very dim. The car was completely dark inside and wouldn't respond from the key fob.
Not knowing about the satellite battery terminals under the hood yet, I manually open the rear hatch and jumped the battery. The car came to life, but..... 1- CEL was lit along with a Service Theft Deterrent System message, 2- the display had changed to a more generic look with the battery and ICE status displays blank and the Trip A had zero'd out, 3- Normal mode had changed to "Tour" mode. I drove it home trying to change to Hold mode. I had no ICE display to verify it had actually had swapped.
The next morning the car responded to the key fob. I did a static check of the 12v battery and it showed 12.6 volts. I read the codes ad follows:

1- P1F64
2- P2534
3- P0AC4
4- P25C9
5- P1F64
6- P2534

I started the car and checked the 12v battery, it read over 14 volts. the display had returned to showing both HV battery and ICE status, the service theft deterrent system message was gone and Tour mode had been changed back to Normal mode . I cleared the codes. i drove it a few miles and it seemed to swap between Normal and Hold ok. I turned the car and saw the 12v battery voltage drop back to around 12.6 volts from 14+. I'm going to do a load test on the 12v battery tonight. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have a 2016 Volt LT. No previous issues, 38,000 miles, about 15 miles left on the HV battery.
This past wednesday, my wife had taken the Volt to work. It sat in the parking lot for about 8.5 hours. When she went to leave she pushed start and the car started to initialize. She got a shift to park message and then it went dark inside. When I showed up, the parking lamps were on, very dim. The car was completely dark inside and wouldn't respond from the key fob.
Not knowing about the satellite battery terminals under the hood yet, I manually open the rear hatch and jumped the battery. The car came to life, but..... 1- CEL was lit along with a Service Theft Deterrent System message, 2- the display had changed to a more generic look with the battery and ICE status displays blank and the Trip A had zero'd out, 3- Normal mode had changed to "Tour" mode. I drove it home trying to change to Hold mode. I had no ICE display to verify it had actually had swapped.
The next morning the car responded to the key fob. I did a static check of the 12v battery and it showed 12.6 volts. I read the codes ad follows:

1- P1F64
2- P2534
3- P0AC4
4- P25C9
5- P1F64
6- P2534

I started the car and checked the 12v battery, it read over 14 volts. the display had returned to showing both HV battery and ICE status, the service theft deterrent system message was gone and Tour mode had been changed back to Normal mode . I cleared the codes. i drove it a few miles and it seemed to swap between Normal and Hold ok. I turned the car and saw the 12v battery voltage drop back to around 12.6 volts from 14+. I'm going to do a load test on the 12v battery tonight. Any thoughts?
Replace the 12 V battery?

Too bad you didn't check the battery before you jumped the car.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
are there two posts on this ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.