GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobi...honda-clarity-and-prius-prime.html/?a=viewall

I may be giving this thing more credit than it's due by referring to it as an article rather than a Prius Prime ad, but it is just a joke.

1) It's wrong. 7.2kW charger is available as an option on the 2019 LT.
2) It totally misses the point in praising the Prime for having a 5 hour standard outlet recharge time. Yes, the 2016-18 Volt has a recharge time double that of the Prime, but it also has a range more than double that of the Prime. If you drive 25 miles in each car and plug them in at the same time to standard outlets, they will both recover those 25 miles around the same time. They're effectively criticizing the Volt for having more range.
3) It pans the Clarity for its driving dynamics, doesn't even mention that as a factor for the Prime, instead talking about its efficiency (a valid point, perhaps the only one), and says nothing about the Volt driving nicer than either.
4) It just glosses over the fact that the plug in tax credit is not equal for all players and fails to mention that the Prime's is about half that of the Volt and the Clarity, while taking the opportunity to slam them for higher MSRP pricing.

·
Registered
444 Posts
While I do feel that article does a poor job of explaining all aspects of the cars, the Premier Volt is a poor value against its competitors based purely on MSRP. Now Volts typically see a large discount versus MSRP which skews the market place, but most reviews will focus on MSRP.

I honestly thought the ‘19 would see a price reduction. Maybe Chevy will do it in 2020 when the tax credit runs out.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Lol. Here’s one I haven’t heard before. It’s a Volt ‘option’?

“Otherwise, a new infotainment system, power seats, and the option to stay in EV mode while using the heating system are highlights for ’19.”

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I browsed the article. The author is way prejudiced against the U.S. made Chevy Volt. Is he a U.S. citizen at all with that last name? I bet he was paid to write against the Chevy Volt!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The Honda Clarity, Ioniq plug in , Prius Prime are not, 100% electric. Take each one and the Volt with a full electric charge. Take each one to the track and slam the accelerator pedal to the floor. Which vehicle will not turn on the gas engine to increase propulsion power?

I believe the final answer will be the Volt which had operated on 100% electric not one molecule of gasoline was used.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yet another Detroit hater.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
While I do feel that article does a poor job of explaining all aspects of the cars, the Premier Volt is a poor value against its competitors based purely on MSRP. Now Volts typically see a large discount versus MSRP which skews the market place, but most reviews will focus on MSRP.

I honestly thought the ‘19 would see a price reduction. Maybe Chevy will do it in 2020 when the tax credit runs out.
It is nice that competition finally forced GM to provide things that have been asked for since the first year. ie. 7.2kW charging and power seats as a couple examples.

Post tax credit rebates will be very interesting for all manufacturers.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
CheatSheet said:
Before looking at updates for 2019, the Chevrolet Volt starts off ahead of all plug-in hybrids when it comes to range (53 miles) at a price point below $35,000. That number won’t change in the next edition.
Some find the good (the first paragraph)........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts