GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello All

I just got a new Volt Last night and am very excited by the car. However Android Auto will not work. I've checked settings on my phone, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, everything I can think of and it still will not work. It worked without issue on several Hyundai's i've tried it on in the last year. I am going to buy a new cable at lunch to try but am out of ideas. Does any one have any idea why it would not be working?

Thank you
Evan

·
Registered
106 Posts
AA works fine with my Droid Turbo 2 and 2018 Volt Premier. Make sure you unlock your phone. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did unlock. It doesn't seem to see the phone and I don't know why. Its frustrating. I am going to try buying a new cable today. I really hope I don't have to replace my phone to make this function work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did unlock. It doesn't seem to see the phone and I don't know why. Its frustrating. I am going to try buying a new cable today. I really hope I don't have to replace my phone to make this function work. :/

·
Registered
67 Posts
One good test is to take your phone and hook it up to a computer with that cable. Do both devices react? I had an HTC phone once upon a time where the USB port data connection fried. It charged but stopped talking to a PC ever again and I couldn't move music back and forth anymore.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Did you turn on the setting on the car to use AA? Try OEM cable just to be on the safe side. Most cheap cables work but just in case.

If it is 2019, doesn't it come with wireless AA?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I find Android Auto to be very frustrating. I listen to Spotify through my phone. If I use Android Auto, things never works the same each time I shut off and restart the car. Sometimes it comes on when I start in the car, other times I have to fiddle with it and/or the phone to make it work. never seems to do the same thing twice. When driving, if I get a call, the music doesn't come back on when I hang up, and I have to fiddle with it some more. Not very hands free.

Things work consistent if I don't plug the phone in and play Spotify on the phone using a bluetooth connection in the Media mode and disable Android Auto. It just comes on and plays, no problems.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I find Android Auto to be very frustrating. I listen to Spotify through my phone. If I use Android Auto, things never works the same each time I shut off and restart the car.
Funny. I never thought of using the phone for that. I am so technology deficient. I use it for Waze.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've checked settings on my phone, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, everything I can think of and it still will not work.
The phone needs to be plugged in to the USB port, but it sounds like you are doing that. Unless the cable is bad, you should be OK. I haven't seen anything that requires a certain speed for the cable, although I use a high quality one since it sees a lot of wear and tear.

When you plug in the phone, you should see the "Projection" icon third from the left on the top row of your myLink display turn to "Android." The monitor icon will change to a blue arrow like thing at that time. Do you see that? Once that happens, you have to tap that Android icon for the application to launch in myLink and join with the phone.

If the icon isn't changing the problem is somewhere on your phone or your USB connection.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I just got a new phone with AA and I'm having the same issue. I've plugged it in with the OEM cable, got AA running on the phone, and the car just doesn't recognize it.

I agree that if all you are looking for is music, then AA is not even worth taking the phone out of your pocket.

As for AA on BT, that couldn't possibly work. BT does not support the bandwidth needed for video.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
If the icon isn't changing the problem is somewhere on your phone or your USB connection.
The icon does not change. I have looked at all the AA settings on the phone, and the phone' AA app "sees" the car via BT and is set to connect with it automatically.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The icon does not change. I have looked at all the AA settings on the phone, and the phone' AA app "sees" the car via BT and is set to connect with it automatically.
Is the phone set to transfer data via USB? If it's set to charge only, that could explain why it recognizes the car via BT but doesn't connect to AA.

What kind of phone is it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
In the infotainment, go in parameters - Android Auto - Select "Enabled".

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Is the phone set to transfer data via USB? If it's set to charge only, that could explain why it recognizes the car via BT but doesn't connect to AA.

What kind of phone is it?
The phone is set to "auto launch" AA when it connects to BT. The auto launch device is listed as "Chevrolet MyLink".

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The phone is set to "auto launch" AA when it connects to BT. The auto launch device is listed as "Chevrolet MyLink".
Another strange thing is that every time AA starts on the phone, it initiates some strange playlist from Google's music service -- that I have NEVER used.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Another strange thing is that every time AA starts on the phone, it initiates some strange playlist from Google's music service -- that I have NEVER used.
I have a (somewhat) similar problem on Apple CarPlay. My car insists on playing my music collection in iTunes alphabetically from A-Z whenever I plug it into my USB port, unless I tell it not to do that twice (if I try to go back to the radio, it will go back for a few seconds and then go back to my music). In the grand scheme of things, its very small potatoes, but it's a little annoying.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I just got a new phone with AA and I'm having the same issue. I've plugged it in with the OEM cable, got AA running on the phone, and the car just doesn't recognize it.

I agree that if all you are looking for is music, then AA is not even worth taking the phone out of your pocket.

As for AA on BT, that couldn't possibly work. BT does not support the bandwidth needed for video.
Dope slap! :eek: AA works just fine. You have to turn it on in the car's settings for it to recognize the phone.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts