GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a OnePlusOne phone, Model A0001, running Android 6.0.1 (Elderberry). Was able to pair the device OK with Bluetooth to the Bolt. Able to make and receive phone calls.
Was able to get Android Auto to add the Bolt to it's list of vehicles.
When I attempted to use the screen features I get an error message on the Bolt display saying to connect a valid device.
I've tried the USB cable that came with the phone, and another cable I had.
Is this a problem with the phone (not compatible?) or should I buy another USB cable and try it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Are you sure that your USB cables are 'Data' cables. Some cables are charge only. Can you plug into a computer and see the files on your phone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, after reading up on the other problems, I enabled the developer mode options on my phone, then switched USB to data and file transfer, then tried a third USB cable. The stars aligned (briefly) and Android Auto came up on the head end display in my Bolt.
I've yet to venture out and try it on the road but at least I got it to launch on my OPO phone. Meanwhile, I decided to try a Moto G5 from Amazon which is more of a pure Google Android than my OPO. Hopefully that one works straight out of the box.
Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts