GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to check ou phone when plugged on AA?

I always have to disconnect from car mode in order to, for example, get to my Starbucks app to pay. Every time it then stops music, nav or whatever I'm doing on AA and it's annoying to the point that I am often back on Bluetooth stream.

Or when I am a passenger I can't use my phone to reply to emails when connected to AA... I can only read messages if they show up in notification, which is inconsistent if they really want the phone to be locked.

Is there a setting or workaround?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts

I always have to disconnect from car mode in order to, for example, get to my Starbucks app to pay. Every time it then stops music, nav or whatever I'm doing on AA and it's annoying to the point that I am often back on Bluetooth stream.

Or when I am a passenger I can't use my phone to reply to emails when connected to AA... I can only read messages if they show up in notification, which is inconsistent if they really want the phone to be locked.

Don't have or use AA... But FYI with Apple CarPlay I can pick up the phone, press the home button and use the phone normally... Tho if I tap the car's display the phone usually gets wrestled back by the car and the phones display goes back to the CarPlay icon.

Inversely, I have found that I can get non-CarPlay audio to play through the cars audio system by switching "Media" to iPhone... Which is cool. The other day I was viewing a Facebook video on my iPhone, and had the audio playing through the car speakers... And, weirdly, the vidoe's name and a playbar appeared on the center display of Volt! This was info that was not even available on the phone... Seems as if there was metadata that the car knew how to find and display.

·
Registered
968 Posts

As I recall, you can get access to your phone by pulling down on the top of screen until you get some options. Once your in that mode, then I believe you can simply hit your home button or at least get access to your cascading tile screens/apps that are running in the background. I've only done this a few times, so I can't remember the exact details, but I'm sure you'll figure it out once you've broke away from the AA screen. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts