GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I have been a Volt owner for the last 40 months. I have not done anything to it. Love the car immensely.

I got to play around with Android Auto in a new Volt at the dealership. I want to see if it is possible to somehow add this to the older volt. For reference, I have a fully loaded 2013 (Nav, Bose, Backup, etc).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nope. cant do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As of a few weeks ago, you can download the Android Auto app from Google and run it on your phone. I've got my phone mounted on one of forum member Scarlett's (aka: Steve) VoltPhone3 mounts. This is perfect distance so I don't have to take my hands off the wheel and I can (usually) still do simple voice control commands. Android Auto is setup to auto-start whenever it connects to the Volt's bluetooth.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What the OP is asking about, I think, is using the Volt LCD display/touchscreen to view and control the android device.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, I am curious too.. I actually want to use my tablet Samsung S , to mirror my Sygic (Think tom tom) nav onto the dash , instead of using the 2103 nav which was included. I can sync my tablet as a phone, and then it just gets the voice only.. but no video

1 - 5 of 5 Posts